My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Putting aside my Humax HDR-FOX T2

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

For me the LED is really clear but then it’s on a white cabinet!

Can’t fault the recording or catchup etc.

Interface and the clunky ness is the niggling bit.

| Fri 26 Jan 2018 20:40:23 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Volkswagen

AJ - 12 hours ago  » 

I would assume the recording ability is a given but it is the general 'clunky' interface that is my concern and especially as someone else i.e my partner would have to use it as well and she finds it very hard to adapt to anything new and different.
    I'd certainly like to experiment with it with the view of going back to my FOX HDR T2 if not happy with the 5000t.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 8:52:25 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Volkswagen - 2 hours ago  » 

AJ - 12 hours ago  » 

I would assume the recording ability is a given but it is the general 'clunky' interface that is my concern and especially as someone else i.e my partner would have to use it as well and she finds it very hard to adapt to anything new and different.
    I'd certainly like to experiment with it with the view of going back to my FOX HDR T2 if not happy with the 5000t.

Have you got a John Lewis nearby? you could go to them and experience the 5000 for yourself. I think there is nothing like hands on experience to get a feel for it, you may find out that it will be ok for you

I don't dislike mine enough to get rid of it, I just accept that it's just not as slick or intuitive as the HDR and hope that the next model release will be better!

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 11:28:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Volkswagen

Harters - 37 minutes ago  » 

AJ - 12 hours ago  » 

Have you got a John Lewis nearby? you could go to them and experience the 5000 for yourself. I think there is nothing like hands on experience to get a feel for it, you may find out that it will be ok for you
    I don't dislike mine enough to get rid of it, I just accept that it's just not as slick or intuitive as the HDR and hope that the next model release will be better!

The nearest JL store in situated in the horrendous Bluewater centre near Dartford, Kent and is a place I steer well clear of.
    I have just seen one offered on ebay about a month old with 'genuine' reasons for sale for £160 but no current bids. I don't know whether I will see how that goes in the next 8 days and perhaps put in a cheeky offer although have never done that sort of thing before.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 12:09:14 #14 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Harters - 10 hours ago  » 

AJ - 12 hours ago  » 

I think there is nothing like hands on experience to get a feel for it
    My thoughts exactly. And if I find I can't work out how to do the straightforward things without reading the user guide then it is not the device for me.

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 22:20:26 #15 |
  6. andysue

andysue

Got mine from Argos, took it back after it drve me up the wall with the chattering hard drive & horrible programme interface. went back to my panasonic & foxsat HDR. I now plug my laptop into the TV & put some icons on the front for catchup if needed.
    When Humax sort themselves out I may buy another one.
    The old saying is if it aint broke dont fix it.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 12:56:35 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Volkswagen

andysue - 2 hours ago  » 
    Got mine from Argos, took it back after it drve me up the wall with the chattering hard drive & horrible programme interface. went back to my panasonic & foxsat HDR. I now plug my laptop into the TV & put some icons on the front for catchup if needed.

Well I was in Currys this afternoon and saw the one in there. Wow what a horrible looker it is IMHO. Maybe it has a lot to offer but the implementation of various aspects of its use seems to be so poor that I must admit now it does put me off. My Humax FOX HDR T2 looks quality in comparison.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 15:50:41 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Volkswagen - 1 hour ago  » 

andysue - 2 hours ago  » 

Well I was in Currys this afternoon and saw the one in there. Wow what a horrible looker it is IMHO. Maybe it has a lot to offer but the implementation of various aspects of its use seems to be so poor that I must admit now it does put me off. My Humax FOX HDR T2 looks quality in comparison.

I think the 4000 is a much better looking machine in its Mocha dark-brown faux leather top and silver band version rather than the solid shiny black look that the 5000 sports which does look cheap to me as well.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 17:46:48 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Volkswagen

Harters - 45 minutes ago  » 

Volkswagen - 1 hour ago  » 

andysue - 2 hours ago  » 

I think the 4000 is a much better looking machine in its Mocha dark-brown faux leather top and silver band version rather than the solid shiny black look that the 5000 sports which does look cheap to me as well.

Additionally I couldn't believe how buried away the LED lights are. From people's descriptions and work arounds I can see the necessity of some modifications so that its status can be ascertained.
    Whilst in Currys I also bought a simple DVD by Sony but after installing again I couldn't believe how pathetic the ON indicator light is - a small LED built into the on/off button. The designers are bonkers.

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 18:37:13 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.