My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9300T was rebooting - now just goes to standby

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

Hi all, I have a PVR-9300T that I need to fix.
    It was continually in a rebooting cycle.
    On looking on this forum I downloaded humaxrw and ran humaxrw 1: -z to see if that would fix it. Now the recorder just starts its fan, shows PVR-9300T and then shows the clock. On the TV I see '576p' and then a blank screen as the recorder has gone into standby. At least it is not in a continual loop.
    It doesn't seem to make any difference whether the internal disc is plugged in or not to the recorder.
    Also it doesn't seem to make any difference if the aerial is connected or not.
    Maybe I rushed ahead to quickly to try humaxrw?
    I would be very grateful for some help rescuing this PVR - it belongs to my 90 yr old Dad and he is really missing it and the recordings on it.
    Many thanks.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 14:01:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jons1.smith - 3 hours ago  » 
    On looking on this forum I downloaded humaxrw and ran humaxrw 1: -z to see if that would fix it. Now the recorder just starts its fan, shows PVR-9300T and then shows the clock. On the TV I see '576p' and then a blank screen as the recorder has gone into standby.

So what happens if you now press the standby button on the remote (top right)?

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 17:35:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

The recorder wakes up, the fan runs, it displays PVR-9300Y on the LCD panel, waits a bit then goes back into standby, showing the clock 12:00.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 17:42:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

PVR-9300T

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 17:43:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jons1.smith - 1 hour ago  » 
    The recorder wakes up, the fan runs, it displays PVR-9300Y on the LCD panel, waits a bit then goes back into standby, showing the clock 12:00.

OK. I think I have a system flush file for the 9300T somewhere which sorts out corruption in the NVRAM; give me a few minutes to see if can find it.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 19:02:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sorry to have raised any hopes; what I have is a fix for a problem where the box loses track of its ID which prevents software updates. I have asked Barry if he knows whether a system flush exists.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 19:25:14 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

Thank you so much.

I have experimented by leaving the machine in standby (with internal disc attached) and no aerial plugged in.
    I tried powering on with the remote this morning and it is back to doing its continual reboot cycle for some very strange reason.
    The cooling fan starts up, PVR-9300T appears on the PVR display, the fan stops, the PVR display goes blank, a channel appears for half a second on the display then disappears, the whole cycle continually repeats until I power the box off via the switch at the rear.

I am now really confused! - If you could give me some step by step fool-proof diagnostics to try I would be very grateful!

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 11:57:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry does have a copy of an old reset file for the 9300 and I think that is your best chance. It will need to be uploaded via the serial interface using my flash 9200 software see https://tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html If you don't have a computer with a serial port then I could lend you a USB to serial adapter if required. Frankly I can't think of anything else to try.

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 12:30:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

With thanks to Barry, I now have the file to force a system reset. Send me a PM and I can tell you how to obtain it.

| Sat 30 Jan 2021 15:37:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

Many thanks Martin and Barry for your time and help - much appreciated - I will try this.

| Sun 31 Jan 2021 13:03:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.