My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9300T was rebooting - now just goes to standby

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jons1.smith - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi Martin, I now have a HDR-2000T and it looks like a good machine.

Good; we have had for several years which my partner uses and she is happy with it. Check that the firmware is up to date.

I would like to copy the programs from the old 9300 disk to the new disk.
    Would you advise that I do a direct backup of all the files - i.e. use humaxrw 2: 3: -b

Not something I have done, but looking at the README file it looks correct.

Alternatively is recovery mode better - presumably humaxrw 2: 3: -r ?

No you don't want that option; it is useful when the file system gets corrupted and the list of recordings is lost.

| Mon 15 Feb 2021 22:27:35 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

Thanks Martin.
    I logged onto my laptop as administrator and ran the command line as administrator.
    If I run humaxrw 2: -l or humaxrw 1: 2: -b I get 'Unknown partition table' as the response.
    It looks like the 2000T has a different format for its disk.
    On Computer management on the laptop, the 2000T disc shows as: Disk2 Basic 465.76 GB Online. It shows three partitions.
    In contrast the 9300 disk shows as: Disk1 Unknown 298.09 GB Not Initialized. It shows 298.09 GB Unallocated (no partitions).
    I had a quick search in the forum for 'Unknown partition table' but am not sure if any of those entries are relevant here.
    Is there a way to make the disk recognisable to humaxrw that also allows it to work in the 2000T?
    Many thanks.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 12:02:33 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jons1.smith - 35 mins ago  » 
    I logged onto my laptop as administrator and ran the command line as administrator.
    If I run humaxrw 2: -l or humaxrw 1: 2: -b I get 'Unknown partition table' as the response.
    It looks like the 2000T has a different format for its disk.

When you said new disk, I thought you meant the second hard drive you had been using on the 9300T. The HDR-2000T uses a Linux ext3 file system. I suggest the easiest way to do what you want is to use humaxrw to copy the recordings to a PC and then enable the FTP server on the HDR-2000T and copy the recordings to the HDR-2000T over your network using an FTP client such as Filezilla.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 12:43:18 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

Ok - just copying the files to my laptop which will take a while. I see that there are ts, elu, epg and hre files. Am I right is guessing that it is just the .ts files that we want to move to the new machine?
    I can attach the laptop and PVR to my home network/switch using ethernet cables.
    I will install Filezilla on my laptop and enable FTP on the PVR.
    I haven't used Filezilla in ages but will try and remember.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 14:50:45 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

Ok - so I found I can connect my laptop's Filezilla to the PVR using host ftp://192.168.1.194 username: humaxftp password: 0000. I haven't given a port number but it has still connected and I can see files on the PVR in the remote site section of my Filezilla window.
    I can see that recordings on the new machine have .hmt, .nts, .thm, and .ts files, but I'm guessing I can just drag the .ts files over.
    Thanks.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 15:36:35 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jons1.smith - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ok - so I found I can connect my laptop's Filezilla to the PVR using host ftp://192.168.1.194 username: humaxftp password: 0000. I haven't given a port number but it has still connected and I can see files on the PVR in the remote site section of my Filezilla window.

The FTP server is using the standard FTP port number so you don't need to specify anything different.

I can see that recordings on the new machine have .hmt, .nts, .thm, and .ts files, but I'm guessing I can just drag the .ts files over.

Correct just the .ts files.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 16:59:58 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

Brilliant - all going well - lots of copying! Thank you.

| Tue 16 Feb 2021 20:13:47 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jons1.smith

All programs copied across now using FTP.
    I made new folders on the HDR-2000T disk to hold items where there were several episodes in the same series.
    I see that after playing one of the old files on the new machine, when you revisit the same program it gives you more options like rename, delete, watch from beginning etc. which is useful.
    Dad is very pleased to have a PVR again, and is really chuffed to have all his favourite programs and films available to re-watch!
    Thank you so much to Martin and the others on this forum.
    It took me a while - but a fantastic result in the end.
    The HDR-2000T is a much better PVR for not much money - and it now has all the programs rescued from the dead 9300T.
    I also learned a lot technically.
    Thank you again.

| Wed 17 Feb 2021 16:04:46 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AnthonyC

Hi all. First post. Nice to meet you all. Have been reading this thread with great interest.
    I have two 9300T machines which have been running well for some years. Replaced both drives about a year ago. My wife was an avid TV and recorder user. Whilst my interests meant I rarely watched it. I say was, because she died one day after our 61st wedding anniversary some months ago.
    This meant my life and interests changed considerably. I decided today that I would like to record something and on turning on I got exactly the same response as described in this thread. I only had one machine connected at this time,
    [trying to economise] so I disconnected the non runner and connected the spare.
    Exactly the same thing happened...too much of a coincidence for them both to have this happen. Has anyone got a possible explanation for this happening.
    I would be most greatful for any suggestions.
    AnthonyC

| Mon 10 Apr 2023 15:51:19 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

AnthonyC - 7 hours ago  » 
    My wife was an avid TV and recorder user. Whilst my interests meant I rarely watched it. I say was, because she died one day after our 61st wedding anniversary some months ago.

Sorry for your loss.

This meant my life and interests changed considerably. I decided today that I would like to record something and on turning on I got exactly the same response as described in this thread.

This is a four page thread; please explain exactly what problems you are seeing.

| Mon 10 Apr 2023 23:20:34 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.