My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9200 Update and Timer question

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deltatango

My project 9200 was very erratic with memory lapses or delays in responses, I cleaned its clock board plus gave it the last update of software supplied by Martin and things are a lot better.

I have disabled its software auto update and manual tuned to one transmitter all seems reasonable to limit its load.

Problem 1) was the software update via usb adapter under "slow" and "very slow" it ended with an error E-HC at normal speed all was fine so I am a little puzzled any ideas?

Problem 2) Not having one of these units before I entered a recording timer slot which was then locked exited put into standby, clock display shows plus a small square symbol to the upper centre. After this time had passed the display just showed ---- on its left side and unresponsive to remote or manual button push.

Keep the unit on all the time and so far all seems well though I have only tried once timer recordings in test.

I have given the clock area a clean: just want to get some views on possible problems or just let it "burn itself out" leaving it on which seems to be just over double the standby power consumption.

Thank you from David

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 20:25:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Deltatango - 2 hours ago  » 
    Problem 1) was the software update via usb adapter under "slow" and "very slow" it ended with an error E-HC at normal speed all was fine so I am a little puzzled any ideas?

Normal speed should work with any decent USB to Serial adapter. The slower speeds are only there for some of the cheap ebay adapters that are very marginal. If it worked at normal speed I wouldn't worry.

After this time had passed the display just showed ---- on its left side and unresponsive to remote or manual button push.
    I have given the clock area a clean

Give the clock board a thorough clean using the Biggles instructions at Link to Biggles FAQ

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 23:18:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deltatango

I had given it a good clean but will do it again plus I wondered about cleaning under its display with the parts under it?

Which brings another thought, I will remove the display wondered if there are any replacements around as with most "florry" displays of later years (compared to old video's)fade very fast.

Thank you

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 18:52:09 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Deltatango - 31 minutes ago  » 
    I had given it a good clean but will do it again plus I wondered about cleaning under its display with the parts under it?
    Which brings another thought, I will remove the display wondered if there are any replacements around as with most "florry" displays of later years (compared to old video's)fade very fast.
    Thank you

There is no point in cleaning the display board in any other area than the area I define in my instructions. ---- in the left hand side of the display is nothing to do with the clock problem. The clock problem is indicated when --:-- replaces the clock digits in STANDBY.

| Mon 16 Nov 2015 19:29:07 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Take a look at the FAQ's
    Stuck in Standby/Locking Up & Using Humaxcheck to Recover a Failing File System
    and
    My 9200t shows --:-- in Standby
    Follow the procedures in the first FAQ above for ---- on the left.

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 10:05:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deltatango

The link to that page is OK :-

"Stuck in Standby/Locking Up & Using Humaxcheck to Recover a Failing File System"

but it has a further link to a tool which comes up with the lower message

"Subscription Expired

This wiki's subscription has expired. The wiki will be reactivated once one of the wiki organizers renews the wiki's subscription. For more information, please visit this blog post."

plus I looked on the web which showed some tools but left me unsure which one would be correct to use.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 15:27:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Deltatango - 17 minutes ago  » 
    it has a further link to a tool which comes up with the lower message
    "Subscription Expired

For a download page that has Humaxcheck click on the following link
    9200T Downloads

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 15:46:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deltatango

Got it but how do I fire it up?

I run XP have extracted it but XP just shows a quick blank screen, slower if opened under win95 simulation.

Dumped it direct on My C: drive to fire it with a command prompt no luck, got too used to a windows gui forgotten those Dos switches and commands aargh.

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 17:45:32 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Deltatango - 2 hours ago  » 
    Got it but how do I fire it up?

The answer to that question is in the first link provided by aldaweb in #5.
    You haven't made it clear whether or not you where following those instructions!

| Wed 18 Nov 2015 19:50:55 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deltatango

OK unit has been turned on and off all day with one result!! the switch flashed, blew up one diode in its mains bridge, wickman fuse and my little hdmi card!!

Now back on again (minus my hdmi card)

I have tried to get windows and other programs to check this drive wiped plus format my thought is maybe this Humax does not like this drive? Maxtor Quickview 160Gb.

It brings me to a question in what form does the humax like its drive, at the moment its set to Master and unallocated (re-windows).

In this state when you swith on with its mains switch it will start up OK, if sent to standby (then wait) and turned on will get to ---- and please wait then stop.

Would it go for a 2.5" laptop drive plus cable adapter? at least if left on it will be lower powered.

Thanks

| Thu 19 Nov 2015 20:23:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.