My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Questions/Queries

(62 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 5 days ago  » 
    Barry is there any update to the ability of the HDR-1000s working at launch with the T2 box wifi dongle ?

Latest is that it will indeed work from launch using that dongle.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 15:13:13 #52 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 25 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 5 days ago  » 
    Barry is there any update to the ability of the HDR-1000s working at launch with the T2 box wifi dongle ?

Latest is that it will indeed work from launch using that dongle.

Thanks Barry

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 15:39:27 #53 |
  3. chistery

chistery

Just got the 1TB version and quite happy with it, it plays files via DLNA that my old Humax would refuse to, so saved me buying a new NAS to see if that helped. Surprised the HDD is 10% full before it even does anything. Is the 500mb one 20% full?

Is there any way to scroll up or down in the TV guide one channel at a time? It's quite annoying when on ITV (for example) and not being able to go up two channels so you get 101-107 on the display all at once, instead it pages up or down.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 22:00:19 #54 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum, press the up button above the OK button on the remote. The OK button and the 4 surrounding buttons is often called the D-sub group, probably a hang over from a standard PC joystick controller.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 22:32:24 #55 |
  5. chistery

chistery

grahamlthompson - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Hi welcome to the forum, press the up button above the OK button on the remote. The OK button and the 4 surrounding buttons is often called the D-sub group, probably a hang over from a standard PC joystick controller.

Thanks. Pressing the Up button or the Channel Up button both page up in the TV guide, not one channel at a time.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 22:43:43 #56 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In the middle of the remote is a large circular button group, surrounded by a silver ring. In the middle is a OK button. It's surrounded within the silver ring by up/down/right and left buttons. Never mentioned the P up down rocker which moves a whole screen at a time. This is standard on pretty well all remotes. My Denon amp years old has the same arrangement and yonks old vcrs.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 23:07:15 #57 |
  7. chistery

chistery

Just to be clear, I've always been referring to the up arrow, right above the OK button, that pages up the TV guide one page at a time.

Yes, it goes up one channel at a time when the channel at the top isn't highlighted, but when it gets to the top, one more press of the up arrow pages it up, instead of just one channel at a time.

So, back to my original comment, if watching ITV (103), press TV guide, press the up key and you don't get channel 102-108, you get 971-103.

| Fri 14 Dec 2012 23:13:56 #58 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

christym
    Why not enter the channel number you want at the top of the screen (You can also do this when the guide is not showing to change to the channel).

| Sat 15 Dec 2012 8:30:05 #59 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Levi

grahamlthompson - 3 months ago  » 
    Anyone know if the epg can be made to display only your favourite channels ?

Well I know how it is done but do we really have to do all that every time we enter the guide ?

| Sat 15 Dec 2012 10:57:45 #60 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

The guide is annoyingly sluggish. The paging behaviour you describe is clunky, as is the way you have to use the List button to filter favourites every single time you open the guide. I raised this issue on the freetime forum that was linked to in another post, but seems they have no plans to change that; apparently there is a "lot going on" in the guide, hence the lousy performance.

I'm a software developer myself, no idea how they've implemented the guide, but sounds like a typical developer's response to a change request ("It can't be done!"). Surely they can cache data in some way so it's not always polling for data from the satellite, there is a disk in the box they can temporarily store this data so it loads faster. And I still don't understand why they can't make the favourites filter sticky...

| Sat 15 Dec 2012 12:18:44 #61 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.