My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

"Record entire series" prompt

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

OK, I'll try the 'Search' option next time.

You say "If the crid data is no longer available after the programme has started" but, if you look at the screen picture attached to my post #15 you will see that both 'Series' and 'Programme' CRIDs did exist as shown on the screen so are you saying that they were/are invalid after the program has started?

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 17:46:41 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Justintime - 25 minutes ago  » 
    You say "If the crid data is no longer available after the programme has started" but, if you look at the screen picture attached to my post #15 you will see that both 'Series' and 'Programme' CRIDs did exist as shown on the screen so are you saying that they were/are invalid after the program has started?

They are not invalid but for reasons I don't understand, all the Humax boxes I have used don't allow a Series Record to be set from a programme that is currently broadcasting. No harm in you asking Humax to improve the behaviour (from time to time long standing inconveniences do get fixed).

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 18:15:20 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

I know it is not relevant to Humax but I remember that this problem did not exist with the Sky+ HD box I had a year ago so, if Sky can do it correctly why can't Humax?

Yes, I'll contact Humax although according to Pollensa1946 the problem has been there "since day one" so I won't expect miracles.

Thanks everyone.

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 19:56:27 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Over my 6 years of ownership of a HDR1000S is has struck me that nobody, of any real influence, in either of Humax or Freesat actually uses the box very much. Which would explain why obvious shortcomings thrown up by users get quietly ignored.

| Tue 28 Aug 2018 20:12:09 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 15 hours ago  » 
    Over my 6 years of ownership of a HDR1000S is has struck me that nobody, of any real influence, in either of Humax or Freesat actually uses the box very much. Which would explain why obvious shortcomings thrown up by users get quietly ignored.

I think many companies have adopted the Apple ethos i.e. we know best, now go away and don't bother us again.

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:31:17 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Justintime - 16 hours ago  » ...I remember that this problem did not exist with the Sky+ HD box I had a year ago so, if Sky can do it correctly why can't Humax?...

My son works in IT and knows some of the people that work on developing the SKY s/w. They are continually pressed to be better than the competition, the message being that people won't pay SKY to be average. You could argue on whether SKY achieve that, but Humax have no incentive to even try.

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 12:22:26 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Pollensa1946 - I never thought of it that way but it sounds logical. I have emailed Humax uksupport hoping for a miracle but, after 4 hours, I still haven't even received an automated acknowledgement to say they have received my message. Ah well! If I do get an answer I'll post here.

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 16:03:35 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 5 hours ago  » 

Justintime - 16 hours ago  » ...I remember that this problem did not exist with the Sky+ HD box I had a year ago so, if Sky can do it correctly why can't Humax?...

My son works in IT and knows some of the people that work on developing the SKY s/w. They are continually pressed to be better than the competition, the message being that people won't pay SKY to be average. You could argue on whether SKY achieve that, but Humax have no incentive to even try.

Perhaps you can explain why all sky boxes can only use a single tuner with a single coax. that alone makes the Sky box software very poor for someone with only a single cable.

Even with two cables a Sky box recording capability is poor. In some cases a Humax freesat+ box can view any third channel while recording two.

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 18:24:52 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I would never try to explain anything to you Graham.

| Wed 29 Aug 2018 18:46:25 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

My question sent to Humax support: -
    "I have a Humax HDR 1100S set top box and I find it frustrating regarding its inability to offer me the “Record entire series” prompt if the start of a programme has been missed. If I am already watching a program (part of a series) that I find interesting I would love to be able to press the ‘Record’ button and be presented with the “Record entire series” prompt. I do not care if I have missed the start. I accept I have missed that part of the programme but I really would like to record the remainder followed by the next episodes. If you have a wish-list can you put this at the top of it and provide this facility ASAP?

I finally got a response from Humax: -
    "Unfortunately this is not an update that we have planned at this moment in time but I will forward your feedback on to our development team for consideration with future updates.

Best Regards,
    Joseph
    Humax Customer Support

I think that ends this thread then?

| Mon 17 Sep 2018 19:19:54 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.