My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Record ITV SD does not offer ITV HD

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

When I select an ITV SD programme in the EPG to record it, the unit does not tell me that the same programme is available on ITV HD. But when I schedule a programme on BBC SD it always offers me the HD equivalent.

Is this likely to be a bug in the Humax or a problem with the EPG data being transmitted?

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 20:02:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Neither, ITV presumably have chosen not to provide the data for the link.

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 20:12:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

If ITV keeps this up it will be getting as bad as C5 and 5USA which seem to make a real mess of selection from the EPG. Mind you, it must be difficult when they schedule so many repeats of repeats of repeats of repeats.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 11:04:29 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

JohnH77 - 15 hours ago  » 
    When I select an ITV SD programme in the EPG to record it, the unit does not tell me that the same programme is available on ITV HD. But when I schedule a programme on BBC SD it always offers me the HD equivalent.
    Is this likely to be a bug in the Humax or a problem with the EPG data being transmitted?

I've just scheduled several ITV SD recordings from the EPG for today and several days ahead on my Panasonic PVR and the HD alternative was offered every time.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 11:31:24 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Biggles - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've just scheduled several ITV SD recordings from the EPG for today and several days ahead on my Panasonic PVR and the HD alternative was offered every time.

This suggests the link date is being supplied by ITV.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 13:16:00 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Thanks. Very interesting. I have just set a recording for Endeavour on ITV SD at 8pm on Sunday 10 Jan. It did not offer me the HD alternative.

ITV obviously provides the link for you so could it be transmitter dependent? I am on Mendip main transmitter - what are you on? The BBC link works on the Humax so I cannot see why the ITV one does not work!

And do you have a Humax and, if so, does it offer the HD alternative on ITV?

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 13:16:17 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

JohnH77 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks. Very interesting. I have just set a recording for Endeavour on ITV SD at 8pm on Sunday 10 Jan. It did not offer me the HD alternative.
    If ITV provides the link, could it be transmitter dependent? I am on Mendip main transmitter - what are you on?

I shall go and check that particular programme now..... HD alternative offered and successfully reserved.

My transmitter is Nottingham (Kimberley) a relay of Waltham. My Humax is a 9200 so not HD I'm afraid.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 13:26:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

All we need to finalise the diagnosis is for my Humax to go to Nottingham while your Panasonic comes down to Mendip!

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 13:45:29 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

All we need to finalise the diagnosis is for my Humax to go to Nottingham while your Panasonic comes down to Mendip!

Or somebody on the Nottingham/Waltham transmitters with a Humax.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 13:48:16 #9 |
  10. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Biggles - 1 hour ago  » 

If ITV provides the link, could it be transmitter dependent? I am on Mendip main transmitter - what are you on?

I shall go and check that particular programme now..... HD alternative offered and successfully reserved.
    My transmitter is Nottingham (Kimberley) a relay of Waltham. My Humax is a 9200 so not HD I'm afraid.

Now I'm confused

If you have a 9200, how can it offer you the HD transmission to record when it doesn't have an HD tuner?

I'm on the Winter Hill transmitter and just tried to reserve Endeavour on ITV channel 3 on my FVP 4000T and it didn't offer me the HD alternative either and the HD icon doesn't show on the info screen. This was the same with Channel 4 at the same time too.

BBC 1, 2, 3 and 4 however all showed the blue HD icon on the info window and offered the alternative HD recordings.

I am still puzzled as to why you aren't just watching and recording from the the HD channels in the first place.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 15:26:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.