My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recorded programmes and planned recordings lost

(6 posts)
  1. gh42

gh42

Hi I have had the hdr-1000s box for 2 weeks and this weekend some of the recorded, and others that were planned to record (in the future) have disappeared from the 'recordings' menu. It's as though the unit has deleted them. I will monitor but please advise whether there is any other examples of the hdr-1000s doing this.

| Sun 25 Nov 2012 21:16:37 #1 |
  2. jimmy

jimmy

I switched on my HDR1000s today to be greeted by a message telling me the hard disk needed formatting if I wanted to record anything. I checked for my recordings which previously filled 34% of the disk and they have all 'gone'. Can I recover them? Planned Recordings links are all there.

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 14:01:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jimmy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Can I recover them? .

First thing to try is to put the box into standby, wait for a minute, switch off the electrical power to the box, wait 5 minutes and then power up again. Are the recordings back?

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 15:20:52 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

jimmy - 2 hours ago  » 
    I switched on my HDR1000s today to be greeted by a message telling me the hard disk needed formatting if I wanted to record anything. I checked for my recordings which previously filled 34% of the disk and they have all 'gone'. Can I recover them? Planned Recordings links are all there.

Welcome to our Forum

If the suggestions by Martin do not fix problem....

You probably have the known HDD being recognised issue - see:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-recording-no-hard-drive-hdr-1000s500gb/page/2#post-52816

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 16:36:13 #4 |
  5. jimmy

jimmy

After several tries at formatting the HD which appeared to fail and then doing a factory reset no recordings were present. I eventually pulled out the ac cord and left the box off for 10 minutes. I restarted the box but the recordings were still missing. i switched off again and looked for the receipt to find out how much warranty I had left - none. When I switched on again to try and format the box I was surprised to find the recordings were back! It sounds like at some point they'll disappear again but just now they're back so I'm happy. Thanks for your advice and comments

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 21:19:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jimmy - 1 hour ago  » 
    It sounds like at some point they'll disappear again but just now they're back so I'm happy.

Keep a copy of the link Barry has provided so that if they do vanish again you can contact Humax and arrange a repair.

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 22:54:54 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.