My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Recording/Pause TV Problem

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnway

Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I had to post on here but yesterday both my HDR-1000S & HDR-1010S went squiffy losing all recordings. Co-incidence or something sinister?

Power disconnects and resetting to factory defaults of no help. All recordings lost.

The 1010S disc has been reformatted and will now record and pause TV OK.

The 1000S does not recognise it's internal HDD so will not record/pause or allow reformatting. I have an external USB HDD handy so plugged this into the 1000S, after checking that it is in NTFS format, and bingo - the box recognised it and I was able to go to Settings and check available space - loads left!! Feeling slightly encouraged I attempted to record and pause : nothing doing either by pressing the R or " buttons on the remote . I then tried a planned recording - the R appeared on the program listing but disappeared as soon as the program started - nothing in recordings. Attempting to pause TV gives a message about function not being available during time buffering. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
    Many thanks.

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 12:34:53 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The very occasional loss of recordings has been seen by many and one or a standby restarts can cure it. My theory is that it is related to the multi threaded boot process and the enumeration of the recordings either fails or takes a longish time to complete. When I have noticed it I have been trying to enter the recordings list immediately after boot when, I suspect, the construction of the list had not completed.

That would perhaps be what occurred with the HDR-1010S. The power cycle you tried needs to be at least 5 minutes to drain all capacitors, Much longer on HB units. Likewise a standby cycle.

The HDR-1000S had, for a period, a problem with a resistor on the motherboard failing prematurely causing the loss of SATA disk control. Humax were offering a fixed price repair for units outside of warranty. However I believe this is now an exchange.

This problem can occur and disappear for a period it then terminated with a fit a hard disk to record.
    External USB hard disks can only be recorded to on HB units.

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 13:11:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnway

REPASSAC - 33 minutes ago  » 
    The very occasional loss of recordings has been seen by many and one or a standby restarts can cure it. My theory is that it is related to the multi threaded boot process and the enumeration of the recordings either fails or takes a longish time to complete. When I have noticed it I have been trying to enter the recordings list immediately after boot when, I suspect, the construction of the list had not completed.
    That would perhaps be what occurred with the HDR-1010S. The power cycle you tried needs to be at least 5 minutes to drain all capacitors, Much longer on HB units. Likewise a standby cycle.
    The HDR-1000S had, for a period, a problem with a resistor on the motherboard failing prematurely causing the loss of SATA disk control. Humax were offering a fixed price repair for units outside of warranty. However I believe this is now an exchange.
    This problem can occur and disappear for a period it then terminated with a fit a hard disk to record.
    External USB hard disks can only be recorded to on HB units.

Many thanks for the most useful info. I have now contacted Humax Support and ditched the external HDD efforts.

| Thu 10 Jan 2019 13:46:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JudyP

I have just all recordings (8/1/19)and am unable to record or rewind. Mine is 1000S. I'm in touch with Humax and they have asked me to do a factory reset which I did - no help. Now asking me to reformat the hard drive, which I won't do unless I really have to as I will lose all recordings. Having looked at forums it seems as if this could be the resistor motherboard issue, which some have had help with form Humax, or perhaps a HDMI or scart lead issue. Johnway you seem to be haveing the same problem, has Humax been any help?

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 15:44:15 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you look in system settings - storage - what does it say? Does it even see a hard disk?

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 15:50:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JudyP

Hi Repassac
    It say connect a USB hard drive (HDD) to the box.
    So that would suggest it can't see the hard drive?
    Judy

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 15:56:17 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Tell support that and the reformat option is not available.

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 16:16:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnway

Hi again,
    I have still yet to hear anything from Humax Support in response to my reporting this issue with my 2 boxes. How frustrating !!

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 16:37:03 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JudyP - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Repassac
    It say connect a USB hard drive (HDD) to the box.
    So that would suggest it can't see the hard drive?
    Judy

We think that's some redundant code that is used in the HBxxxx-S boxes that has found it's way into the HDR-Boxes. As REpassac says HDR-xxxxS boxes can only record to an internal Sata hard drive.

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 16:40:40 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

johnway - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Hi again,
    I have still yet to hear anything from Humax Support in response to my reporting this issue with my 2 boxes. How frustrating !!

Phoning is the best way. It can be difficult via email to proceed via single questions and answers to go down an inverted tree logic diagram.

There responses via email are slow (if at all).

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 17:16:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.