My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordings list - beware if archived off to USB HDD

(22 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Graham
    Using the Humax live tv app (android and ios) you can steam live TV to your tablet or phone.
    Using the Humax Media app you can play SD recordings on tablet or phone.
    You can also send SD recordings to a compatible device on your network eg I can use the app to send a SD recording to Philips TV
    (have not experimented with this much)

Thanks Barry.

I have always wanted a central source capable of streaming live TV to my Android Phone and Nexus 7 tablet. Apart from iplayer support for live TV isn't very good on Android. Do you know if Live HD channels are streamed live in HD quality or downscaled ?

I have used TV Player and Kodi(XBMC) for live tV but neither are very reliable.

| Sun 4 Oct 2015 13:06:30 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

HD streaming - hard to say if HD or not, I get a lot of stuttering, could be network related.

| Sun 4 Oct 2015 13:16:12 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

MontysEvilTwin - 22 hours ago  » 
    It sounds like it can do everything the HDR-2000T can, but with an extra tuner and a wider range of catch up services. I have a couple more questions. Does the DLNA server serve high def. recordings, or is it standard def. only? Can recordings from other sources be played back from USB and if so, which formats are compatible.
    I wonder if YouView will up their game in response?

As promised, copied off NAS to a USB HDD and all videos playback OK.

| Sun 4 Oct 2015 14:06:27 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Does the FVP-4000T have commercial skip buttons, like the HDR2000T?
    Is the EPG the same? Also, can you save recordings in their own folder Motors, Radio comedy, House programs etc.

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 11:47:38 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

inspector - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Does the FVP-4000T have commercial skip buttons, like the HDR2000T?

There is a skip function, but not the same as HDR 2000T, see FAQ

Is the EPG the same?

No.

Also, can you save recordings in their own folder Motors, Radio comedy, House programs etc.

Folders are auto generated for series link timers, you cannot make your own folders.

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 12:37:51 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Barry - 1 week ago  » ...You can also send SD recordings to a compatible device on your network...

This is essentially a show-stopper for me in respect of buying any more Humax boxes (or indeed any other brand offering the same features). I would like another 3 Freesat/Freetime boxes, probably 1xHDR & 2xHB, but a must-have requirement is the ability to record HD on one box and watch on any other. As a fall-back I would consider the FVP boxes to fill the requirement. The copyright owners who are stalling on this really need to grow up and realise exactly what users want.

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 12:42:25 #16 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The HDR-FOX can serve high def. recordings by DLNA as a protected stream. This allows another HDR-FOX or HD-FOX to play this content over the network. Unfortunately later models do not have this ability.

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 15:49:13 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Pollensa1946 - 3 hours ago  » 

Barry - 1 week ago  » ...You can also send SD recordings to a compatible device on your network...

This is essentially a show-stopper for me in respect of buying any more Humax boxes (or indeed any other brand offering the same features). I would like another 3 Freesat/Freetime boxes, probably 1xHDR & 2xHB, but a must-have requirement is the ability to record HD on one box and watch on any other. As a fall-back I would consider the FVP boxes to fill the requirement. The copyright owners who are stalling on this really need to grow up and realise exactly what users want.

Are there any non-Humax boxes which allow this?

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 16:04:56 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Can I ask if my understanding is correct.

1 I can archive SD recordings to USB. They can be played back anywhere.

2 I can archive HD recordings to USB. They can only be played back on the Humax which recorded them.

3 HD recordings are effectively "identified by the Humax motherboard which recorded them" This means:

a) I can still play archived HD recordings if my Humax HDD fails and I replace it with a new disk

b) I cannot use archive as a method of transfering HD recordings from a good disk on a faulty Humax to the disk on a new Humax box.

c) If I plug a working disk from a "failed Humax box" into a "new Humax box" (ignoring warranty), I can play my SD recordings. I cannot play my HD recordings.

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 14:22:33 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JohnH77 - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Can I ask if my understanding is correct.
    1 I can archive SD recordings to USB. They can be played back anywhere.
    2 I can archive HD recordings to USB. They can only be played back on the Humax which recorded them.
    3 HD recordings are effectively "identified by the Humax motherboard which recorded them" This means:
    a) I can still play archived HD recordings if my Humax HDD fails and I replace it with a new disk
    b) I cannot use archive as a method of transfering HD recordings from a good disk on a faulty Humax to the disk on a new Humax box.
    c) If I plug a working disk from a "failed Humax box" into a "new Humax box" (ignoring warranty), I can play my SD recordings. I cannot play my HD recordings.

Seems to be correct to me, though I don't have the 4000T.

| Wed 27 Apr 2016 14:38:24 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.