My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Recordings Vanished

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

JohnH77 - 1 min ago  » 
    An update. I deleted loads of recordings and the problem has completely disappeared.

I'm pretty sure it is a problem when the disk fills up. It started when the disk got to about 50 hours of HD recording space left and gradually got worse as the space reduced.

It's a 4000T.

| Sat 26 Aug 2023 0:27:48 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

My disk has finally failed completely.

The sequence, over a few months, was that I got the No Recordings message but waiting a short while brought them back. The waiting period grew longer and longer. The Test Disk ran overnight without completing.

Deleting recorded programmes down from 90% utilised to 60% utilised seemed to fix it but, after a few weeks the No Recordings message came back.

It then failed completely. I couldn't see any recordings from my PC. Test Disk ran for hours without completing.

In desperation, I tried to Format the disk but format did not work.

I took out the 2TB disk and plugged it into my Windows 10 PC and the PC did not recognise it at all. I could not format the disk on the PC.

I had an old 500GB Seagate Pipeline disk lying around (as one does) and put it in the FVP-4000T. It did not recognise any of the recordings I think were on the disk. I formatted the disk and all was now OK.

So, the No Recordings message is a sign that the disk is failing.

| Tue 19 Sep 2023 17:52:51 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.