My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Recovering programmes from damaged 9150

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JHeaton

Hi, my 9150 went wrong last night. Seems to be some sort of electrical issue from the sparking noises it's making... It's way out of warranty and I'm prepared to write it off.

However it does have about 90 programmes on it that I would like to recover.

So - I've ordered a SATA to USB cable, the nice people at Amazon should be delivering it on Tuesday. I've also extracted the HDD from the dead box and put it safely. Hopefully once I connect up to my laptop, I'll be able to upload the programmes via either HumaxRW or Hummyreadfiles (which would be better for my purpose)

And once I get the files onto the laptop, how do I then watch them back?

Any other info anyone needs to assist please just let me know. Also happy to provide updates to anyone who is interested.

Many thanks in advance for the help

| Fri 13 May 2016 16:52:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JHeaton - 1 day ago  » 
    So - I've ordered a SATA to USB cable, the nice people at Amazon should be delivering it on Tuesday. I've also extracted the HDD from the dead box and put it safely. Hopefully once I connect up to my laptop, I'll be able to upload the programmes via either HumaxRW or Hummyreadfiles (which would be better for my purpose)

Humaxrw will work; I am not sure about Hummyreadfiles as there are small difference between the file system for the 9200 and the 9150/9300 and I don't know whether Hummyreadfiles was updated to support both.

And once I get the files onto the laptop, how do I then watch them back?

Try VLC as a starting point.

| Sun 15 May 2016 11:28:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobbicat

I recently upgraded from a 9150t [mine still works, but is also well out of warranty] to an FVP4000t
    I'd be very interested in details on accessing, copying or transferring files from the 9150t
    also information on removing the internal hard drive from the same.
    All this in the hope that I can transfer what is on the old machine to the new, if this is possible?

| Sun 15 May 2016 13:26:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bobbicat - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'd be very interested in details on accessing, copying or transferring files from the 9150t

Basically you need a way of connecting the hard drive to a PC (either a USB to SATA adapter or USB enclosure for a 3.5" SATA drive) and the humaxrw software which can be downloaded from this forum Link to Humaxrw

also information on removing the internal hard drive from the same.

I have never taken a 9150 to bits but basically unplug the electrical supply, remove the lid (a few screws at the back), disconnect the power and data cable from the hard drive and wither take the rive out of the caddy or remove the caddy complete with hard drive.

| Sun 15 May 2016 17:12:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobbicat

thanks for that information, Martin
    would it be possible or practical to transfer the files on the 9150t hard drive across to the FVP4000t internal drive via a SATA to USB cable?

| Sun 15 May 2016 17:59:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bobbicat - 1 hour ago  » 
    thanks for that information, Martin
    would it be possible or practical to transfer the files on the 9150t hard drive across to the FVP4000t internal drive via a SATA to USB cable?

You have to do it via a PC (using a SATA to USB converter or if it is a desktop using a spare SATA port) as the file system on the 9150 is proprietary and needs special software to read it.

| Sun 15 May 2016 19:40:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobbicat

my PC operating system is Linux - is this needed software windows only?

| Sun 15 May 2016 20:18:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bobbicat - 1 hour ago  » 
    my PC operating system is Linux - is this needed software windows only?

A Linux version was available but I am not sure where to find a copy now.

| Sun 15 May 2016 22:05:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobbicat

I found something - humaxrw-1.14.tgz - but running the humaxrw program it contains reported no humax disk found.
    I checked the disk with a good partition editor [gparted] - it found the disk but reported it had an unrecognized format.
    I put the disk back in the 9150t and it performed as usual with no problems.
    I think the program I found is a number of years old and possibly not compatible with more up to date software and equipment, also it might possibly also have unmet dependencies.

| Sun 15 May 2016 23:07:55 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bobbicat - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I found something - humaxrw-1.14.tgz - but running the humaxrw program it contains reported no humax disk found.

What command line options did you use?

I checked the disk with a good partition editor [gparted] - it found the disk but reported it had an unrecognized format.

As I keep trying to tell you the file system is proprietary to Humax and not recognised by Unix/Linux tools nor Windows.

I think the program I found is a number of years old and possibly not compatible with more up to date software and equipment, also it might possibly also have unmet dependencies.

I would be very surprised if that was the case.

| Sun 15 May 2016 23:14:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.