My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Regularly no sound from Standby...

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisDH

Hi, I'm having problems with my Aura regularly coming out of Standby with no sound and wondering if there is a temporary solution, or pending Firmware update that might fix it.

I am pretty sure it is connected with the HDMI cable that it came with... And the only workaround seems to be to unplug the thing from the mains and plug back in again.

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 0:06:33 #1 |
  2. The Moog

The Moog

I have the same issue, where coming out of standby I get a picture but no sound. For me putting it back into standby and then turning it on again seems to fix it, but I guess that you have already tried that if you are unplugging it from the mains?

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 10:13:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisDH

Unfortunately cycling through Standby and Power on again, doesn't seem to work for me.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 15:41:31 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The Moog - 6 hours ago  » 
    I have the same issue, where coming out of standby I get a picture but no sound. For me putting it back into standby and then turning it on again seems to fix it, but I guess that you have already tried that if you are unplugging it from the mains?

Try changing the audio out setting from auto to manual. Select the audio options you know your TV can handle. All TV's will handle PCM stereo.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 16:19:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisDH

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a go.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 16:26:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MickO

Ditto. Same for me. But try putting the box on first, wait, then the TV. Otherwise cycling the box off then on usually works.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 17:31:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Reset box

| Mon 30 Nov 2020 18:38:23 #7 |
  8. The Moog

The Moog

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 

The Moog - 6 hours ago  » 

Try changing the audio out setting from auto to manual. Select the audio options you know your TV can handle. All TV's will handle PCM stereo.

My Aura goes straignt into an AVR that should be able to cope with all of the picture/audio formats. Sometimes I get a picture but no sound, sometiems I get sound but no picture, and sometimes I get no picture or sound. It is annoying but quickly sorted putting the Aura into standby and waking it up. None of my other sources have any similar issues, so I am guessing it is a HDMI handshake issue that will be sorted with an update.

| Mon 30 Nov 2020 21:41:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisDH

In my case the Aura connects directly to a brand new Sony BRAVIA TV, so I am pretty sure that is not at fault.

Anyway, the good news is that I have changed the audio output on the Aura from surround to stereo and tested it half a dozen times, going into standby and back out again. So far, so good... But hopefully there will be a fix for it soon, as I can't be the only one who actually wants surround enabled too, at some point.

| Tue 1 Dec 2020 3:07:25 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

ChrisDH - 7 hours ago  » 
    In my case the Aura connects directly to a brand new Sony BRAVIA TV, so I am pretty sure that is not at fault.
    Anyway, the good news is that I have changed the audio output on the Aura from surround to stereo and tested it half a dozen times, going into standby and back out again. So far, so good... But hopefully there will be a fix for it soon, as I can't be the only one who actually wants surround enabled too, at some point.

Just a thought.
    Does your TV have a "virtual surround" option in the settings menu?
    If it does, turn it on (and on the Aura) and see what happens.

| Tue 1 Dec 2020 10:57:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.