My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote Control

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyMcH

The box itself is undeniably slow. But often when I press a button on the remote, the light on the power button doesn't come on, showing that the button press hasn't been recognised at all.

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 12:38:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

yorkylad

Having seen Barry's post re new stock of remotes due in UK it triggered me into taking my terrible unresponsive RM L08 remote into my dealer in Scarborough this morning. He said straight away that Humax had sent him a "box full" of new remotes and gave me one. It looks identical to my old one and still says RM L08 on it but so far if appears to be working perfectly. Hope it stays that way and thought people with similar problems would like to know. Many thanks to Barry for triggering me into action after 4 months of frustration.

| Mon 20 Mar 2017 17:50:16 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyMcH

My new remote has arrived and it works perfectly. Yes, the box itself is still a little slow but I've realised that most of my pain came from the dodgy remote. Hopefully the issue with the box itself can be fixed with a software update but I urge everyone to try and get a replacement remote from Humax.

| Sat 25 Mar 2017 9:57:13 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

yorkylad - 4 days ago  » It looks identical to my old one and still says RM L08 on it but so far if appears to be working perfectly. Hope it stays that way and thought people with similar problems would like to know.

If you look in the new and old battery compartments with out the batteries installed are there any labels or markings, and if there are, are they different between the two remotes?

| Sat 25 Mar 2017 10:20:23 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Luke - 22 minutes ago  » 

yorkylad - 4 days ago  » It looks identical to my old one and still says RM L08 on it but so far if appears to be working perfectly. Hope it stays that way and thought people with similar problems would like to know.

If you look in the new and old battery compartments with out the batteries installed are there any labels or markings, and if there are, are they different between the two remotes?

Don't think that is applicable for the FVP remote, at least the ones I have here.

New remotes are still to arrive, but in meantime Humax have filtered out the ones that are causing problems.

| Sat 25 Mar 2017 10:47:18 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyMcH

Both look identical to me.

| Sat 25 Mar 2017 12:42:48 #16 |
  7. Gobbl

Gobbl

I received my 4th replacement LM08 and it looks the same, with no perceivable differences. I will have to wait 2-3 months to see if it is just old useless stock, or a revised design inside. The old LM08's I have had have not lasted more than 3 months without becoming unusable.

| Sat 25 Mar 2017 23:24:42 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mrbutt89

I've just stumbled across this discussion as we've finally decided the sluggish response isn't just down to us not pressing the buttons properly (the ones forming a disc around the OK button). I can see we're not alone. Unfortunately, we purchased our FVP-4000T online, so I'm not sure about the best route for getting a replacement remote.
    Do you reckon I should go to the retailer, or contact Humax directly?

| Mon 17 Apr 2017 16:24:29 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyMcH

Contract Humax directly. They offered me a new remote that works perfectly. (for now!)

uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk

| Mon 17 Apr 2017 17:01:24 #19 |
  10. clairehen

clairehen

I started another thread earlier this evening, but Barry kindly pointed me in this direction - for some reason searches did not find you! Anyway, I've been suffering with the same problem since I bought my (admittedly much loved) 4000T last year. In the end I succumbed to buying a compatible remote - not something I would normally consider, but needs must. I purchased a compatible RMC3056. Took delivery today and it responds first time, every time and quickly. It's different layout, has smaller buttons and doesn't have a recordings button, but the Apps button replaces On Demand, there's a Netflix button, a Home button and you can work out the rest easily. It cost £11.99 and took a week to deliver. The Humax remotes are extremely expensive so this fits the bill perfectly until Humax really do come up with a more responsive remote. Just one thing: don't confuse non response due to the remote with the actual response time of the HD recorder - two different subjects. Be patient with the machine!

| Tue 18 Apr 2017 22:43:14 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.