My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Remote Control

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I had the early cheap and nasty RM-L03 remote which while didn't have any problems responding to key presses started to have problems with the arrow keys sticking and trying to pull down the button next to them.

On the advice of this forum I contact Humax and I just needed to send in my receipt and 4 days later I had a nice and shiny RM-LM08 FOC. It’s a much higher quality remote and having the dedicated 'Recordings' button is a God send as it eliminates several key presses.

Response time of the remote seems great, but the box is still woefully slow in itself obviously though!

| Wed 19 Apr 2017 8:12:43 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victoria7500

I likewise just got a new LM08 under warranty after reading this thread, as the OK and Arrow keys on my original (same model) were dreadfully unresponsive. New one is great, responds every time - it makes such a difference to using the Humax. Definitely worth contacting them for anyone having the same trouble, I just emailed a copy of my receipt and my address and got the replacement in the post a few days later, no hassle at all.

| Sun 23 Apr 2017 9:46:56 #22 |
  3. gfitzger

gfitzger

Following the advice in this thread, I contacted Humax support about my faulty LM08 remote but the representative I spoke to knew nothing about the problem. Nevertheless, after I pointed him at this thread he agreed to send me a new remote which worked perfectly well for a few weeks but is now no better than my original remote.

Barry, before I contact Humax support again for another replacement is there a product code I can quote to make sure I get one of the new & improved remotes this time?

| Mon 19 Jun 2017 11:43:21 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

gfitzger - 1 hour ago  » 
    Barry, before I contact Humax support again for another replacement is there a product code I can quote to make sure I get one of the new & improved remotes this time?

That is all that should be in circulation, problematic ones were removed from the supply chain according to info I received from Humax Towers

| Mon 19 Jun 2017 12:52:18 #24 |
  5. gfitzger

gfitzger

Barry - 46 minutes ago  » 
    That is all that should be in circulation, problematic ones were removed from the supply chain according to info I received from Humax Towers

Barry, thanks for the swift response. I'll try requesting another one; hopefully I'll get one of the improved remotes this time.

| Mon 19 Jun 2017 13:41:50 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

I bought the LM08 at the beginning of the year, it was quickly put away as it was worse than the old one and is now fairly useless.
    I have contacted Humax and their response is that they have run out of stock! New delivery expected soon and they will get in touch again when they arrive.
    Will wait in hope.

| Thu 22 Jun 2017 10:10:36 #26 |
  7. gfitzger

gfitzger

I got an initial "out of stock" response but then (on the same day) was told that a replacement was on the way. It has since arrived and is working fine, for now...

| Thu 22 Jun 2017 14:20:53 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

I rang them today, it is a month since I was told they are out of stock!
    Was told that the stock had still not arrived and I would be notified when it did finally make it.
    Not much that I can do about that!

| Wed 5 Jul 2017 14:41:34 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

pinkweevil

Now on my 3rd L08 and that has failed in exactly the same way. Have to press some keys 4 or 5 times before the red power light illuminates, which then sends the command OK. They all last for a few months then the buttons start to fail and get progressively worse. I got so fed up with this I was going to buy a compatible replacement remote but then read this thread. I have just phoned Humax customer support and they have now admitted there is a problem (they didn't before) and that the new improved models would be available from the beginning of August, so I shall be ordering a replacement and will see if that cures the issue for good.

| Thu 20 Jul 2017 15:29:58 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Egrosvenor

"Re pinkweevil
    I have just phoned Humax customer support and they have now admitted there is a problem (they didn't before) and that the new improved models would be available from the beginning of August"

Haven't rung them myself recently, although they did say they were waiting for a new supply, nice to see a date quoted. Just going to have to wait and see what happens!

| Thu 20 Jul 2017 16:37:37 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.