My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote control frequency

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

Hi, can anybody tell me what frequency the Humax HDR 1100s remote control operates within. I am trying to connect to a second tv in another room using a Oneforall transmitter/receiver. The picture is brilliant but I cannot control the stb whilst in the second room. I understand it should be by ir but I cannot make this work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

| Sat 17 Feb 2018 10:43:29 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Have you placed the IR blaster near to the sensor on the humax?

I can't access my remote files where I am at present but it's a standard NEC 5a protocol IIRC so should not be a problem. The slave IR receiver needs to be in line of sight to the remote and the blaster needs to be in front of thesensor on the HDR.

| Wed 21 Feb 2018 19:24:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

Hi
    I have the ir sensor in front of the stb about in the middle. I have noticed there is a panel towards the right hand side and tried putting the sensor in this position but it still is not working. Any more thoughts would be appreciated, please.
    Julian

| Wed 21 Feb 2018 19:43:44 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

I don't have that model so not sure where the sensor is but our grahamlthompson has posted this method on a different forum for determining where it is.
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/cant-find-ir-sensor-on-humax-hdr-2000t.2025068/#post-23530487
    Also check the blaster is actually emitting by viewing it with a digital camera (a phone will do).

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 20:00:40 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can sometimes see the sensor if you get close with a torch. This works on a 5000T but not on a HDR-1000S.

| Thu 22 Feb 2018 21:10:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

I am struggling with this technology. The ir transmitter (is this what you call the blaster)is located in front of the stb ir panel which emits a signal for the remote control. This remote works well from any point within the lounge. This transmitter shows a reddish light when viewed through a camera. In the second room I cannot see any light from the receiving ir. Should I be able to see a light from the receiving ir to enable the use of the second remote. Thanks for all your help so far. Any further thoughts, please.

| Fri 23 Feb 2018 12:45:08 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JAT - 43 minutes ago  » 
    I am struggling with this technology. The ir transmitter (is this what you call the blaster)is located in front of the stb ir panel which emits a signal for the remote control. This remote works well from any point within the lounge. This transmitter shows a reddish light when viewed through a camera. In the second room I cannot see any light from the receiving ir. Should I be able to see a light from the receiving ir to enable the use of the second remote. Thanks for all your help so far. Any further thoughts, please.

Yes you should see the second remote infra red emitter mounted by the box it is supposed to output ir when you operate the second remote. The two might me out of wireless range. Try putting the transmitter and receiver in the same room. You don't by any chance have the transmitter and receiver swapped ?

| Fri 23 Feb 2018 13:33:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

Thanks for your suggestions so far. I have tried putting the two in the same room and there is no sign of life from the second ir. The distance between the two from one room to the next is 4-5 metres with one brick wall between. The tv picture is excellent in the second room. This is the second Oneforall SV1760 I have received. The first I returned two weeks ago for the same reason so I would not expect both units to be faulty. Any more ideas, please.

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 10:53:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I'm not familiar with the brand you are using but the trans/recv pair I use has a setting on each for the wireless channel they use to communicate. Are you certain you have set both correctly?

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 12:26:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

I was not offered any need or requirement to set channel so not sure how this may need to be checked out

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 12:43:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.