https://www.oneforall.co.uk/sv1760-wireless-hdmi-sender.html

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 13:17:53 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JAT - 1 minute ago  » 
    No - it is this
    https://www.oneforall.co.uk/sv1760-wireless-hdmi-sender.html

Is the transmitter or receiver anywhere near a source of rf (radio frequency). eg Cordless Phone, WiFi Router etc ? If so try turning them off.

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 13:21:11 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

From the spec

Product code SV 1760
    Blu-ray / DVD ✓
    Digital TV ✓
    Game console ✓
    Projector ✓
    STB (Cable / Terrestrial) ✓
    Full HD video support Yes
    IR extending function support No
    Interference free technology Yes
    Latency < 0.5s

You might need a seperate IR device.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/PM10C-Powermid-Wireless-Control-Extender/dp/B00LCHEVFK/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1519475090&sr=8-1&keywords=powermid+infrared+extender&dpID=31vK5dUQNQL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

If you can run a single cat 6 cable this is a much better option.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-HDMI-Extender-Single-Control/dp/B013T5IQH6/ref=sr_1_4?s=instant-video&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1519475262&sr=8-4&keywords=neet+hdmi+extender+with+ir

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 13:28:19 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

I have turned off the telephone which is nearby and it makes no difference.
    It seems my options are: buy a separate ir device or start again with an HDMI extender on Ethernet. The problem I have with the latter is concrete floors and very limited access to the loft to run the cable. Many thanks for all your help and information, it is really appreciated.

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 14:20:08 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JAT - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have turned off the telephone which is nearby and it makes no difference.
    It seems my options are: buy a separate ir device or start again with an HDMI extender on Ethernet. The problem I have with the latter is concrete floors and very limited access to the loft to run the cable. Many thanks for all your help and information, it is really appreciated.

The cable option will give you High Definition pictures on the remote TV and is likely to be much more reliable. I use one with a matrix switch to send all my different sources to a remote TV.

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 14:23:24 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

Sounds like the best way to go. This is all because I was fed up paying a high monthly charge to sky so I bought a Humax. Sadly this isn't my only difficulty. The Humax box does not respond very well to "on demand" even though my laptop works brilliantly when brought into the same room. So I don't think it can be the internet signal. The Humax keeps saying it meets a problem. I have tried switching it off and waiting before re-booting, but no difference. I am now totally hacked off with all of it.

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 14:41:46 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JAT - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Sounds like the best way to go. This is all because I was fed up paying a high monthly charge to sky so I bought a Humax. Sadly this isn't my only difficulty. The Humax box does not respond very well to "on demand" even though my laptop works brilliantly when brought into the same room. So I don't think it can be the internet signal. The Humax keeps saying it meets a problem. I have tried switching it off and waiting before re-booting, but no difference. I am now totally hacked off with all of it.

It could well be the location of the box down low under a TV isn't the best place for wireless reception. Try a pair of homeplugs rather than wireless.

| Sat 24 Feb 2018 14:55:16 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If you have a blu-ray player (or any other hdmi device), try connecting that to the transmitter and checking whether the remote ir system works. If it does then it suggests that the Humax frequency is out of the range compatible with the OneForAll.
    Another thing to try, if you have a smartphone with ir capabilities, is one of the universal remote apps. Again, if this works when the Humax is set up and the Humax remote doesn't, the indication is as above.
    My gut feeling, though, is that the placement of the ir sender in relation to the Humax needs to be tweaked to get it to work.

| Sun 25 Feb 2018 10:24:13 #19 |
  10. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    From the spec
    Product code SV 1760
    Blu-ray / DVD ✓
    Digital TV ✓
    Game console ✓
    Projector ✓
    STB (Cable / Terrestrial) ✓
    Full HD video support Yes
    IR extending function support No
    Interference free technology Yes
    Latency < 0.5s
    You might need a seperate IR device.

Sorry been out of touch for the weekend.
    FAQ on OFA site says

I cannot control the HDMI source, using a remote control, what do I do?

Make sure to use the remote control of the video source.
    Alternatively make sure that the IR emitter (see manual for especification) is connected in the back of the transmitter and that the probe is situated in front of the source device. Make sure that the IR receiver is connected in the back of the receiver. The distance between this IR receiver and your remote control should be between 30cm and 5m.
    Also make sure to aim the remote control directly at the IR receiver unit and ensure that there are no obstacles in between. Also ensure that there is no other wireless device (wireless headphones, speakers) interfering with the remote control.
    The IR extender function works with all remotes which operate with 30-60kHz frequency, please check your original remote to see if it is compatibile.

So provided everything is connected correctly, and given that the picture is fine it should work.

If you can't get it to work then a wired option may be better if not ideal.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 19:18:37 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.