My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Remote control frequency

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JAT

Thanks everyone for the help. I had already read the FAQs and tried everything. I have also contacted Oneforall for their technical help. The outcome is unchanged and the remote will not work.
    I have decided to hardwire using Ethernet cable. Now all I need to understand is whether or not I can run the Ethernet cable down the same wall chase as a coax. Opinions seem to be divided.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 9:09:13 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JAT - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks everyone for the help. I had already read the FAQs and tried everything. I have also contacted Oneforall for their technical help. The outcome is unchanged and the remote will not work.
    I have decided to hardwire using Ethernet cable. Now all I need to understand is whether or not I can run the Ethernet cable down the same wall chase as a coax. Opinions seem to be divided.

Shouldn't be an issue, generally coax only has issues when run alongside HDMI cabling. If you use WF/PF100 double screened satellite cable it's very well shielded.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 9:34:08 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philip

Hi I have been investigating the FVP4000 ir control. I have experienced problems getting Sky eyes & a Blue Delta blaster (no longer made) to work reliably. The IR code is NEC protocol, which works best with a 38Khz carrier frequency AND MORE importantly a 25% to 33% duty cycle. Unfortunately the Blue Delta has a 50% DC. I then tried a Philex 27871N blaster, this worked OK but needed to have ir emitters stuck onto each bit of kit, this also had DC approaching 50%. I wanted a high power blaster so all bit of kit within say a metre would work. I eventually used a Blakes Promod 32 IR blaster with a home made driver circuit the gives IR pulses 7.59 micro seconds wide. (nb 38Khz is
    26.3 micro seconds, hence DC is 28.8%. This solution transformed the performance of my control system to the best it has ever been!

| Sun 3 Mar 2019 13:08:47 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.