My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Matt

My 9300T is doing the same. But it never seems to find the updates even when I force it to search for updates (when they are available). Is there anything I can do to 'help' it find the updates?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 21:50:54 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwsomerton

Ah... source of problem noted... we never leave it in standby mode, but will from now on.

Many thanks, again.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 21:51:15 #32 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Dorset Man - 1 minute ago  » 
    More thanks for Barry et al - great forum. Our 9150T started freezing today. The Mrs' immediate reaction was to try to talk me into getting Sky as it is out of warranty. Me, who is less keen to throw away pennies (especially in Murdoch's direction), thought I would dig a bit deeper.
    Have printed the OTA PDF ready for tomorrow. The upgrade schedule is here

Welcome to the Forum

I always use the DTG website for up to date info on OTA's

DTG Website

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 21:51:22 #33 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Matt - 2 minutes ago  » 
    My 9300T is doing the same. But it never seems to find the updates even when I force it to search for updates (when they are available). Is there anything I can do to 'help' it find the updates?

Welcome to the Forum

What software version do you currently have on the 9300?

The latest 9300 is currently on air, see page 2 of this thread post #12 from me, there you will find a pdf you can download that explains the update procedures.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 21:53:58 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

satty

sounds like we all need to leave in standby mode tomorrow,but how do we get it into standby mode if the machine cannot be switched off

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 21:55:00 #35 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

satty - 40 seconds ago  » 
    sounds like we all need to leave in standby mode tomorrow,but how do we get it into standby mode if the machine cannot be switched off

Welcome to the Forum

Power cycle the unit, and if it does not boot to standby, put it immediately into standby.

Bear in mind the default time for OTA search is 4am, so you would need to change this if you want it to auto update tomorrow whilst at work etc.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 21:56:23 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Matt

software version is 1.00.06

I have already tried the Auto update and Manual update this evening. It doesn't find the new update.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:01:04 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

satty

Barry - 3 minutes ago  » 

satty - 40 seconds ago  » 

Welcome to the Forum
    Power cycle the unit, and if it does not boot to standby, put it immediately into standby.
    Bear in mind the default time for OTA search is 4am, so you would need to change this if you want it to auto update tomorrow whilst at work etc.

my intention was to leave it in standby tomorrow morning at say 7.30 am amd return to the machine at say 4pm and then run automatic update to see if HPTTF1.00.026 hgas been installed,does that sound ok

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:01:12 #38 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It will not install if the default time is still set to 4am, it won't search until early hours friday morning.

You can of course manually update at 4pm.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:03:47 #39 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Matt - 3 minutes ago  » 
    software version is 1.00.06
    I have already tried the Auto update and Manual update this evening. It doesn't find the new update.

Matt

Software version 1.00.26 for the 9300 is definitely on air, well from my transmitter it is anyway as I updated using this route earlier after tests.

Do you get any error code displayed on the front display?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:06:01 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.