My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

remote responds less than 25% of the time

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

I am having the problem with the RM l08 that came with my second hand FVP000. sometimes even when the remote is pointed straight at the machine it takes several presses to carry out the command, all buttons are visible on my camera screen when pressed although sometimes I have to lean forward and stretch my hand out toward the TV before the command works .I may follow the lead of GrahamRHK and get a cheap remote (Logitechs price is in the super remote price range.)
    I am delighted with the FVP 4000 but I cannot understand them releasing it with such an unreliable remote.
    Two other annoying things about it irritate when you switch on it takes about ten seconds to start and unlike previous models there are no smart setting to make it quicker and all the time you wait the tiny light stays red and that tempts you to press the switch again which puts you back at the beginning as you are actually switching it off and the power light must be about the least visible LED ever made it shines below the unit and in daylight it is invisible

mactoshb

| Sun 21 Jun 2020 15:22:36 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

See Disassemble remote control to fix intermittent keys - it was the top post when you posted. If the red power ON light on the remote control unit does not flash when you press a button then that button is not working.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/disassemble-rm-l03-remote-control

When you bring the box out of standby, if the box is not recording the red light goes to blue. If the box is recording it stays red. It takes several seconds for the file system to be built etc so the box response is slow for a few seconds.

| Sun 21 Jun 2020 17:55:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Thanks for the reply, I might have go at opening and having a go at that but as it happens I decided to get a replacement and I have ben using itmnfor two days now and not once has it ever failed a command and I may even see if I can flog the Humax one on e-bay, it will never be used by me again
    Anyone that is interested the remote I bought was the first that came up RM Series and this is the URL of the ebay page
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RM-Series-Replacement-Remote-Control-For-Humax-FVP-4000T-CAPPUCCINO/272202560505?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

| Fri 10 Jul 2020 13:31:10 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mactoshb - 12 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply, I might have go at opening and having a go at that but as it happens I decided to get a replacement and I have ben using itmnfor two days now and not once has it ever failed a command and I may even see if I can flog the Humax one on e-bay, it will never be used by me again
    Anyone that is interested the remote I bought was the first that came up RM Series and this is the URL of the ebay page
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RM-Series-Replacement-Remote-Control-For-Humax-FVP-4000T-CAPPUCCINO/272202560505?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If you ever want to add a second Humax box in the same room then you are likely to to have a problem as non Humax remotes generally lack the capability to switch the code set used between the 6 available ones.

| Fri 10 Jul 2020 13:46:09 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

mactoshb - 1 week ago  » 
    I may even see if I can flog the Humax one on e-bay, it will never be used by me again

I trust you will describe it as having intermittent keys so the purchaser knows they are buying something faulty. Those who know how to fix it will readily bid for it.

| Thu 23 Jul 2020 10:32:15 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

Thanks John77 for the reply. Also for your previous I did not get the usual e-mail notification of the reply (Probably I have forgotten to tick the box for notification) So I have just seen your first.
    Anyway I think you are right regarding the independent remotes not changing channels. I have just tried pressing 0 and OK and get no response. I have a DTR1010 alongside the FVP4000 and did not notice the conflict as I had previously changed the channel on the 1010.
    However I now have a second FVP4000 which I saw being sold as faulty on E-Bay and the description of the fault matched exactly the symptoms that made me get the replacement, So I put in a bid with 5 days to go, I bid £21 and expected that to climb, especially as it was coming with both remote and power unit, which together on E-Bay would cost more than I paid. IT has a different remote RM L03 as against the originals RM L08 But it is no better than the original. I will chase up your
    Anyway it did not get anymore bids and I won the auction, much to my surprise.
    Also, as to my moan that You can hardly see the power light, the arrival of the second one has answered that moan. The second box has the lights working as you describe The first box is faulty as there IS no power light, either red or blue. I will have to search the forum and see if there are any posts regarding that and as to whether I can stick a 1 or 2 TB drive in as I will fill the 500GB on in the new one very quickly as I tend to record any series that interest me and then binge watch them. I have to get the collie out for a walk, but will investigate your Disassemble remote control to fix intermittent keys on my return
    Anyway thanks again, gotta go, dog showing signs of impatience

| Sun 11 Oct 2020 8:33:54 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.