My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Replace or Repair?

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gadgee

I hope you are lucky B1ggles - my symptoms were the same and then one day the stored recordings vanished for good in spite of trying my best efforts.

Have now got a duff unit with a perfectly good hard drive full of recordings which it seems cannot be rescued.

It also seems that there is very little choice in the market and that I will little option but to buy a new Humax unit.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 10:04:56 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gadgee

Thanks for the explanation grahamlthompson.

I will anyway call Humax support next week and get a definitive statement which I will put on this thread.

Seems there is a fair bit of confusion regarding this topic so maybe worth broadcasting the Humax response.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 10:08:54 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gadgee - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Seems there is a fair bit of confusion regarding this topic so maybe worth broadcasting the Humax response.

Hmm, some of the things that Humax support have said in recent times have not been very impressive.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 10:21:51 #23 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I've kept quiet recently on this as I know Humax have been beavering away trying to track down the issue.

I cannot go into detail but last week I was notified that they may have identified the root cause, and are currently testing a solution....

More when I have it.....

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 10:30:29 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gadgee

Thanks Barry..

Good to hear that they may have a solution but that really does not help me as far as deciding what to do next. I do appreciate your input but maybe a bit more openness from Humax would have be helpful when I called the support line a few days ago. Then again, maybe the chap who too the call does not know the up to date position.

All this supposes that the fault on my box (and possibly on the B1ggles box) is actually the fault which Humax are working on.

Am getting some serious earache from herself about the lack of recording facilities (let alone the loss of her winter viewing stockpile).

S'pose I could buy a new box and if and when a solution is found and the current box could be brought back to health that I could sell it once she had used it to watch her fill of stored programmes.

| Sat 24 Sep 2016 11:50:06 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gadgee

Bit the bullet and purchased a new unit.

Only once I plumbed it in fully and tucked away all the cables did I find that rather than the 500Gb version which I had ordered and paid for I had been given the 1Tb version.

Really must put a note in my diary to uninstall it, repackage it, drive all the way back to the store and inform them of the mistake - sometime....

| Tue 27 Sep 2016 17:39:38 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

B1ggles

Hmm, it did it again last night. I thought I would try 'Disk cleanup' but it said it couldn't do that till the disk was formatted!

This morning, however, everything was back to normal, so I tried disk cleanup again and it went fine, though without any obvious changes having been made.

I did, however, notice one thing I hadn't seen before: on the Recordings screen, as well as 'Scheduled', 'Most recent' etc, there's one category 'HD'. If that's a list of recording on my HD, I'd have expected it to be the same number as listed under 'Most recent', but it's less than half the number. What does it refer to?

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 10:41:41 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

High-definition recordings or at least recordings from HD channels.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 19:12:11 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

B1ggles

Ye gods, of course! I had spent so much time pondering over the 'System settings, Storage, HD, Disk Cleanup' menu, I never gave anything but 'Hard Drive' a thought!!

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 20:15:55 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

B1ggles - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ye gods, of course! I had spent so much time pondering over the 'System settings, Storage, HD, Disk Cleanup' menu, I never gave anything but 'Hard Drive' a thought!!

Normal Convention HD - High Definition HDD - Hard Disk Drive.

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 21:23:20 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.