My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Replaced remote does not work: help needed

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

I have a HUMAX FVP-4000T Freeview. The original remote sometimes takes several presses before I can get the Guide or Memu. It will work if I am patient. I have just purchased a new RM-L03 remote on ebay which appears to be a Chinese copy of the original Chinese remote. When I press any key the red button lights up but nothing happens: all keys are the same The seller sent me a replacement but this is the same. The description says you don't have to do anything before use. I could send pics but cant see how to attach them.
    Does anyone know what I need to do to get a working remote?

| Fri 27 May 2022 13:52:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Stop ordering cheap Chinese tat off eBay.

| Fri 27 May 2022 14:10:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

Humax dont sell the remote

| Fri 27 May 2022 14:34:40 #3 |
  4. Mars

Mars

special member

MyHumax1 - 10 mins ago  » 
    Humax dont sell the remote

Would this not work:
    https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/humax-rm-l08-freeview-play-remote.html
    You have checked the batteries?

| Fri 27 May 2022 14:46:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

Batteries are new.
    I contacted Humax who said the RM-L03 was no longer available. They said later Humax FVP-4000T were supplied with the RM-L08. I dont know if the 4000T was changed to match it or if the RM-L08 would work with all 4000T models

| Fri 27 May 2022 15:02:48 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

MyHumax1 - 49 mins ago  » 
    Batteries are new.
    I contacted Humax who said the RM-L03 was no longer available. They said later Humax FVP-4000T were supplied with the RM-L08. I dont know if the 4000T was changed to match it or if the RM-L08 would work with all 4000T models

The RM-L08 will work with the 4000T

| Fri 27 May 2022 15:52:46 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

I have since been in touch with both Samsung and Humax Support. My TV is a Samsung ue66ks7000u vn3 ser num 08TH3SHH900674B. A universal remote can be matched to a TV by pressing two buttons and entering a 3 digit code. Unfortunately there are 32 possibles listed and neither Humax nor Samsung know which one applies. Samsung say Humax makes the list!

| Fri 27 May 2022 16:09:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

MyHumax1 - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have a HUMAX FVP-4000T Freeview. The original remote sometimes takes several presses before I can get the Guide or Memu. It will work if I am patient. I have just purchased a new RM-L03 remote on ebay which appears to be a Chinese copy of the original Chinese remote. When I press any key the red button lights up but nothing happens: all keys are the same The seller sent me a replacement but this is the same. The description says you don't have to do anything before use. I could send pics but cant see how to attach them.

The Humax made remotes can be set up to use 1 of 6 modes.
    The default is "mode 1".
    It is possible that someone changed the original, remote and your FVP-4000T', to use one of the other 5 modes.
    Cheap copy remotes normally only work with "mode 1".

Using your old flaky Humax remote persevere to make sure that the FBP-4000T is expecting "mode 1" by following these instructions:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-fvp-remote

| Fri 27 May 2022 17:16:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MyHumax1

You are a star!
    When my original remote was playing up I changed the mode. It worked better on 3 and later on 4. Have used it to change it to 1 an the new one now works fine!! Didn't know the cheap ones default to Mode 1 only
    Thanks

| Fri 27 May 2022 23:03:59 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It may be that the original one needs a clean. Though it seems impossible at first sight, it is possible with a strong blade to prise the halves apart and then clean the rubber contact pads with a cotton bud and then clip it back together. At least that is true of the RM-L08.

I have not needed to remove the foil part of the contacts, in fact that seems rather risky (despite some YouTube videos suggesting that it is a good idea).

However, before you do any of this, check to see if all the dodgy buttons are not causing the LED round the power button to come on.

| Fri 27 May 2022 23:37:01 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.