My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Replacing Sky with 1100s Troubles

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Hi

My original setup was sky+ box in the living room then a coax cable which runs from the rf
    2 connection to the tv upstairs so I can watch sky in another room and control it with a magic eye

Now I think you know what my question is going to be, I have removed said sky box and replaced it with an 1100s.

What bits of kit do I actually need including any cables so that I can watch freesat in the bedroom upstairs and of course control the channels etc? (as you peeps know the 1100s has no scart socket) so I'm all confused

Thank you

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 20:08:28 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

A question asked often and indeed answered a few posts down from yours today:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/help-need-rf-output-from-hdr-1100s

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 20:14:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Thanks still a little confused, so if I buy the triax tri-link kit from Amazon which is about £45 is that all I need? Or will I need a scart adapter as well? Also any cables required? Thank you

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 20:23:24 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks still a little confused, so if I buy the triax tri-link kit from Amazon which is about £45 is that all I need? Or will I need a scart adapter as well? Also any cables required? Thank you

Examples

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-To-3-RCA-Composite-Phono-with-SVHS-S-Video-Adaptor-In-Out-Switch-GOLD-/251168354170?hash=item3a7accef7a:g:mSAAAOSwQoFWOKyD

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=3++rca+phono+cable&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X1m+composite+video+and+audio+lead.TRS0&_nkw=1m+composite+video+and+audio+lead&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FJU402-Splitter-2-Way-Uhf-5-1000Mhz-LABGEAR-/321958898427?hash=item4af63eeafb:g:~ocAAOSwbdpWXGOZ

You will also need f to belling lee converters.

Current aerial to splitter in

One output to TV
    Other to Tri link in
    Tri link out to return socket.

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:05:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Thank you, so do I need all those items you listed as well? The scart adapter, rca phono and he splitter? Thanks

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:21:33 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you, so do I need all those items you listed as well? The scart adapter, rca phono and he splitter? Thanks

Depends if you want to use Freeview on the upstairs TV. The splitter is to send Freeview to your downstairs TV and the Tri link rf In. The splitter and the Tri-link use f connections. I guess your existing will be push in Belling Lee type. So you either need adaptors or new short coax cables.

The others are because the Humax box has RCA out and the Tri-link scart in.

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:34:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

The freesat box lives in the front room and I want to view it in the upstairs bedroom and control it just like I did with my sky plus box.

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm just trying to get a list of the bits I need to enable me to be this, so you suggest.

Tri-link
    Scart adapter
    F connectors
    Splitter 2 way
    Phono leads

Is that correct?

Thanks

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:39:43 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    The freesat box lives in the front room and I want to view it in the upstairs bedroom and control it just like I did with my sky plus box.
    Sorry for my ignorance, I'm just trying to get a list of the bits I need to enable me to be this, so you suggest.
    Tri-link
    Scart adapter
    F connectors
    Splitter 2 way
    Phono leads
    Is that correct?
    Thanks

Do you watch Freeview on the remote TV's. There's not enough information to say what exactly what you need. Where does the aerial cable come from that you have connected to the Sky box RF1 in (If you have one) ? Have you a coax cable from Sky box RF1 out to the TV ? Does RF2 out connect to a wallplate socket marked return ?

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:42:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

My main tv is in the living room and I watch freesat, I also would like to watch and control freesat on my bedroom tv (exactly the same way I did with sky)

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:44:40 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    My main tv is in the living room and I watch freesat, I also would like to watch and control freesat on my bedroom tv (exactly the same way I did with sky)

See the post above. I have no idea what your existing cabling is, is everything connected to a wallplate ?

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:49:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.