My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Replacing Sky with 1100s Troubles

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Hi graham, so this evening I disconnected my sky plus box, I removed the two dish cables from the back and placed them into the freesat box, I removed the hdmi cable from the sky box and connected to the freesat box, the final cable I have left and can't do anything with is the cable that was in the socket labbeld rf2 on the sky box. (This I believe is the cable that allowed me to watch and control sky on the bedroom to) does this help you clarify what I need?) oh and on the bedroom tv there is a magic eye

| Tue 29 Dec 2015 22:53:59 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

I think im understanding most of it now, one thing or maybe two lol, there are AV in and AV out for each scart socket on the tri-link, the scart adapter presumbly goes into one end then the red, yellow and and white cables into the back of the 1100s, what about the other scart connection on the tri-link?

Finally do I need the Ir sensor to go into the tri-link? As I already have a magic eye in the bedroom, but I watched a you tube video and he had to connect a sensor

Thanks

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 5:11:44 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 6 hours ago  » 
    I think im understanding most of it now, one thing or maybe two lol, there are AV in and AV out for each scart socket on the tri-link, the scart adapter presumbly goes into one end then the red, yellow and and white cables into the back of the 1100s, what about the other scart connection on the tri-link?
    Finally do I need the Ir sensor to go into the tri-link? As I already have a magic eye in the bedroom, but I watched a you tube video and he had to connect a sensor

Thanks

The sensor plugs into the Tri-link unit, the other end is stuck near the infra red receiver on the 1100S. My brother in laws works stuck flat on the shelf in front of the infra red window on his 1000S. The AV out socket on the tri-link isn't needed.

That just leaves the coax connections the tri link rf out socket needs to connect to the return cable to the magic eye amplifier presumably in the loft. For most that is a socket in a wall plate but could be just a loose cable. Not knowing this means I can't tell you what cable or adaptor you need to make this connection. If its a socket you need a f to male belling lee patch cable.

So far you then have just the sky pictures on the remote TV. I keep asking do you watch terrestrial Freeview on the remote TV's. If you do you need to arrange to connect your aerial to the tri-link rf in, which is what the splitter is for. Once again can't tell you what cables you need because you don't say what is existing.

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 11:24:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Hi Graham, i ordered a tri-link and the appropriate scart / phono leads. the cable for the rf2 socket indeed is a loose cable which goes through into the loft etc and i know i need to connect this to the 9v socket on the tri-link. I have an existing magic eye setup on the tv upstairs. does the sensor come in box with the tri-link or do i have to buy this separately? (oh i dont watch terrestrial freeview) thank you

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 11:43:04 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham, i ordered a tri-link and the appropriate scart / phono leads. the cable for the rf2 socket indeed is a loose cable which goes through into the loft etc and i know i need to connect this to the 9v socket on the tri-link. I have an existing magic eye setup on the tv upstairs. does the sensor come in box with the tri-link or do i have to buy this separately? (oh i dont watch terrestrial freeview) thank you

I don't have a tri-link unit, but the photographs show a plug in ir emitter is included.

As the cable is a loose one, easiest way is to simply cut off the Belling Lee connector and fit a f connector. Apart from making sure the f connector is the correct size for the cable, fitting one is very simple.

Ignore the grease (you don't need any for internal connections)

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

You don't need the splitter at all as you don't use Freeview.

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 11:59:53 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Thank you very much Graham, i will let you know how i get on when all the bits arrive, cheers

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 12:38:40 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Hi I have all the bits I need and freesat is working in the front room with no issues, I connected the tri-link up with the scart adapter which goes into the AV Input on the tri-link then connected the phono cables to the freesat box, I don't have red white and yellow, I have red, black and yellow but assume this is ok? Also is the switch ontop of the scart supposed to be set to in or out? My final issue, I tried tuning in the tv upstairs but can't get a picture, I'm thinking I need to replace the existing magic eye box with the tri-link one? Although it does seem to have a different connections (and I have tried tuning the upstairs tv), please let me know what you think? Thanks

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:04:01 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The scart adaptor needs to be set to in. The colours refer to the sockets on the box. The colour of the cables is irrelevant provided yellow on box goes to yellow on tri link. The other two don't matter which way because the audio output is mono only. You have to use the analogue tuning capability of the remote TV's not the digital tuning. Is the red light on the magic eye lit ?

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:21:16 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Hi graham, thanks that's what I have been trying but no luck so far, do you think I have to replace my existing magic eye setup for the bedroom tv with the one tri-link provide in the box? Thanks

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:25:49 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi graham, thanks that's what I have been trying but no luck so far, do you think I have to replace my existing magic eye setup for the bedroom tv with the one tri-link provide in the box? Thanks

Provided they have power the existing ones should work OK. Are the leds on the magic eyes lit ?

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:29:50 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.