My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Replacing Sky with 1100s Troubles

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Yep the red led on the existing magic eye is indeed lit, so I guess that's a good thing?

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:31:53 #21 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Yep the red led on the existing magic eye is indeed lit, so I guess that's a good thing?

Try taking the eye out of the circuit, can you now tune the picture on the remote TV. Which channel do you have the Tri-link set to output on ? You may get a better picture if you use channel 22.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:34:56 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

That's a good idea, I will try that later, if that doesn't work maybe it's how the rf2 cable is wired, saying that it was fine with my sky box, I know the cable goes from the freesat box, up the wall outside the house , up then into some kinda box in the loft. Then in the bedroom there is a big standard areil connection and from there the coax cable goes into one end of the eye and the other into the tv, this setup use to give me sky in the bedroom and the ability to change channels etc, cheers

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:57:15 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

I have tried 22, 36, 68 lol, still not managed to take the magic eye out of the equation as my cable isn't long enough, my to upstairs flickers a bit after tuning and I'm sure i can make a little bit of pic but barely noticeable, I'm hoping I don't have to get a company in to look at it

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 20:23:59 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Hi again, although I'm not getting a pic on my bedroom tv, I did take the Humax remote upstairs and I was able to change the channel on the tv downstairs, so that's all good. But I still can't get a pic on the tv upstairs, I have tried channel 22,36 and a few others but with no joy.

Someone suggested I take the tri-link out of the equation for now and connect the scart directly to my tv down stairs and change the tv source and in theory I should see a pic on the tv, but I don't, so the issue is either faulty scart / phono cable or there is some issue with the RGB connections on the back of the HDR-1100s, why do you think?

Thanks

| Fri 1 Jan 2016 11:41:20 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you don't get a picture on your TV from the scart adaptor something is wrong. The modulator in the trilink requires composite video (not RGB).

Make sure the yellow socket on the 1100S is connected to the video input on the adaptor, if you get this wrong there will be no picture.

As an experiment can you remove the hdmi cable from your box to the TV and then see if you get a picture on the remote TV.

| Fri 1 Jan 2016 12:02:18 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

That's not something I can check as the cable was a premade one I got off eBay, I will
    See if I can get another cable and try that. Cheers

| Fri 1 Jan 2016 12:07:01 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

kooger21 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    That's not something I can check as the cable was a premade one I got off eBay, I will
    See if I can get another cable and try that. Cheers

At a guess you have the wrong cable, most likely it's video from scart to phono, the opposite of what you need.

| Fri 1 Jan 2016 12:17:43 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Hmmmm sounds like that is the issue, could you send me a link to eBay or Amazon of the exact cable I need please, thank you

| Fri 1 Jan 2016 12:20:34 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kooger21

Also for reference, this is the cable im currently using, do you think its the wrong one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400866490229?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks

| Fri 1 Jan 2016 12:31:56 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.