1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

bampsam - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 39 minutes ago  » 

giverny - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

giverny - 12 hours ago  » 
    Very interesting and I already know that my TV upscales but my question was why is the Humax not doing what it is supposed to do.

Does it actually say anywhere it is UHD capable ?

If you look at the menu video resolution options, you can see for yourself all the supposed resolution capabilities.

I don't have the box to look at, only the advertised specs. Question did using the 2160p output improve the picture on your UHD TV compared to using the 1080p output ?

If I may answer,it is a yes to your question. The 1080p resolution is very good,but the 2160p was a joy to watch,until Humax screwed it up with a software update.

What make and model is the TV. Very surprised a relatively cheap set top box has a superior scaler to a UHD TV (unless of course it's a supermarket vestel special).

Samsung 49KS8000,and certainly wasn't cheap!

| Sun 24 Jul 2016 17:48:30 #12 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bampsam - 4 minutes ago  » 

bampsam - 1 hour ago  » 

giverny - 1 hour ago  » 

Very interesting and I already know that my TV upscales but my question was why is the Humax not doing what it is supposed to do.

If you look at the menu video resolution options, you can see for yourself all the supposed resolution capabilities.

I don't have the box to look at, only the advertised specs. Question did using the 2160p output improve the picture on your UHD TV compared to using the 1080p output ?

If I may answer,it is a yes to your question. The 1080p resolution is very good,but the 2160p was a joy to watch,until Humax screwed it up with a software update.

What make and model is the TV. Very surprised a relatively cheap set top box has a superior scaler to a UHD TV (unless of course it's a supermarket vestel special).

Don't you think a quality TV should outperform an external box ?

| Sun 24 Jul 2016 17:54:22 #13 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 

bampsam - 1 hour ago  » 

giverny - 1 hour ago  » 

I would have thought so,but can only state what I experienced when viewing whilst the Humax was set to 2160p. I get the feeling you're doubting my posts.

| Sun 24 Jul 2016 18:00:07 #14 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bampsam - 22 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 

bampsam - 1 hour ago  » 

giverny - 1 hour ago  » 

I would have thought so,but can only state what I experienced when viewing whilst the Humax was set to 2160p. I get the feeling you're doubting my posts.

Not at all. I don't have a 4K TV but my Panasonic TV scales equally as well as all my other kit from SD to HD and de-interlaces equally on those that have progressive output. I have always thought blu-ray players with UHD upscaling were a bit of a gimmick. General experience is that a TV works just as well if not better, and you don't have to transmit extra data over the hdmi cable.

I hope Humax restore your missing 2160p

| Sun 24 Jul 2016 18:25:59 #15 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Have reported this issue to Humax Towers.

More when I have it.

Edit@ 16:30 - Acknowledged by Humax Towers and passed onto engineering/development team for investigation.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 12:33:14 #16 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Barry - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Have reported this issue to Humax Towers.
    More when I have it.

Cheers Barry,much appreciated.

| Tue 26 Jul 2016 13:07:51 #17 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Thanks Barry.

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 7:22:02 #18 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Has there been any further communication from Humax Barry?

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 6:44:05 #19 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No, nothing further to date.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 7:22:11 #20 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

matengawhat

I was hoping with the latest software update that has been bandied around as the update we have all been waiting for to get this system back on track that this would have also been fixed?

Any new updates?

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 12:55:39 #21 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.