My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Resolution 2160p

(39 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

That is what's so annoying. The choice of 2160p was an option when the box was first released,but disappeared after one of the software updates. I did ask Humax when this might be put right but they didn't have a clue.

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 13:23:30 #22 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

matengawhat

its still there as an option on mine but when selected actually changes to 576 so produces a far worse picture - 1080p setting still the best.

Was listed as a feature when I bought it so should be there!

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 13:58:34 #23 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It has been passed to the development team, but there will be no priority to fix I suspect as no broadcasts are available in that resolution.

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 14:41:40 #24 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chirper

Me too... what's the point of having a machine that promised to upscale when it doesn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 15:02:58 #25 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

matengawhat

Barry - 21 minutes ago  » 
    It has been passed to the development team, but there will be no priority to fix I suspect as no broadcasts are available in that resolution.

Not really the point, at point of sale it worked and was originally listed as a feature so I don't expect it to just be removed

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 15:04:19 #26 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Barry - 23 minutes ago  » 

The picture quality is greatly improved when using 2160p on a 4K TV,and as another poster has stated,it was a listed feature when the box was purchased.

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 15:07:23 #27 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

matengawhat - 1 hour ago  » 

Not really the point, at point of sale it worked and was originally listed as a feature so I don't expect it to just be removed

I'll have to take your word for that.

All the pre release documentation I have access to including numerous drafts of the user manual do not mention 2160p anywhere.

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 16:31:05 #28 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

williamambrose

Hi guys, just thought I'd share my experience on this. I've got a 49" lg 4K ultra tv. What I noticed is when the 4000t is connected directly to my tv the 2160p resolution works fine. But occasionally reverts back to 1080i for some bizarre reason, so I just checked it every now and again to see if it had changed resolution and put it back. I recently got a projector which required me to route everything through my home theatre system so that I could get everything running as I wanted it to. But now it's running via that I don't even get the option for 2160p anymore on the 4000t. Only goes up to 1080p. If I connect it again directly to the tv up pops the 2160p option. My home theatre system is a lg product that already has 4K up scaling built in. But I'm buggered if I know why it won't output my 4000t in 2160p. Just thought I'd share that in case anyone else has theirs linked via a home theatre system. I used to use the arc function between the tv and home theatre system as everything was plugged into my tv directly. But since i got the projector it all had to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 21:15:09 #29 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Williamambrose
    which version of fvp4000t software are you on?

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 21:33:42 #30 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

matengawhat

Barry - 5 hours ago  » 

matengawhat - 1 hour ago  » 

I'll have to take your word for that.
    All the pre release documentation I have access to including numerous drafts of the user manual do not mention 2160p anywhere.

not sure how to prove it but if you google reviews from October 2015 there are a few references to it online and also if never meant to be there why even now is it still listed under video settings when connecting to a 4k tv?

just wondering if they changed chip sets, firmware, software or something after original production run, I bought mine early October 2015 before any reviews were out or maybe the original press release was wrong

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 22:06:43 #31 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.