My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Resolution Information doesn't go off

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zad3717

Hi,

I've had a search but couldn't find the answer.. I have the Aura and when I turn everything on tv, Aura etc I get a box top left that gives the resolution information. This I guess should disappear but I have to change channel for this to happen?

My only concern is its an OLED tv and trying to explain this to the rest of the family

Any ideas? have I missed a setting.

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 9:45:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Probably something related to the TV and not the Aura.

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 10:36:23 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Zad3717 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi,
    I've had a search but couldn't find the answer.. I have the Aura and when I turn everything on tv, Aura etc I get a box top left that gives the resolution information. This I guess should disappear but I have to change channel for this to happen?
    My only concern is its an OLED tv and trying to explain this to the rest of the family
    Any ideas? have I missed a setting.

Welcome to our Forum

Agree with previous, is there an i button on the TV remote, try pressing it if so.

If not post your make/model of TV and someone may be able to help further.

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 11:23:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Post a screenshot of the resolution box (or a photo) - the Aura does present one, but for me it disappears off screen after a couple of seconds, so if yours is sticking on then that feels wrong.

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 11:29:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

andyd1302

I had similar on Friday if it's related to a change of resolution which was posted on the main Aura discussion thread.

andyd1302 - 22 hours ago  » 

Related to the last update, I'm finding the Aura's auto-switching has become an absolute nightmare to such an extent that the Aura froze when switching to a Freeview Channel 4 HD broadcast in 16:9.

The Aura mistakenly thought it was 4:3 (pic below) then locked up.

The unit was unresponsive to remote command other than volume & channel up/down, where on channel change it still displayed the wrong aspect ratio & had to be unplugged to get it to display again correctly.

It seems since the auto-switching update was implemented in the Jan 29 release, along with the forced 1080p/50Hz default setting with less choice of manual override (1080i/50Hz please), it's becoming increasingly frustrating to use.

The only other option is if you've pressed the S/AD button which brings up more info. If pressed twice when on Freeview, I've discovered it gives the source resolution of the broadcast then the Aura decides what's best for you, usually 1080p/50Hz on Freeview HD.

Pressing the S/AD button a third time, the info box disappears.

Currently when delving in the Aura features there appears to be no 1080p/24Hz selection to match Amazon Prime Video HD or other apps and no 1080i/50Hz to match Freeview HD, only 1080p50Hz and 1080p60Hz.

The 1080i setting on the Aura seems to default to 1080p50Hz which might not seem an issue, but for SD content it definitely is as the picture is pretty wishy-washy when converted by the box then output to the panel.

Sky Q has the same 'conservative' setting, but at least the user has a choice.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/1080i-vs-1080p/td-p/3464985

The box seems to have been engineered from the 'top down' (4k) rather than the 'bottom up' (SD/HD) & I hope the situation is remedied by Humax including a greater selection of resolutions further down the food chain.

I've got a query in to Humax support but it might be worth chiming in with your findings, taking a screenshot.

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/contact-us/

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 12:58:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I've tried flicking from ancient SD 4.3 broadcasts to HD to just about everything else. Res is set to Auto - incredibly smooth operation, no hiccoughs at all.

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 16:31:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Zad3717

See picture, my tv oils Philips oled it’s odd that it doesn’t go off after a few seconds.

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 19:02:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattB1

I get this occasionally now since the January software update. I can't work out when it occurs as it's not all the time.

Changing channel usually fixes it and it goes away.

| Sun 14 Feb 2021 19:38:36 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.