My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

RF Passthrough to TV periodically dropping out

(19 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Timdersticks - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Ok, thanks! It must be a beast if it weighs 27kg but I'll take the plunge and see what happens!

Remember the crane when you pick it up from Screwfix. Hope the counter is re-inforced.

The cheap plastic ones from B&Q are considerably lighter.

| Thu 5 Jan 2017 20:15:27 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

adon30

I just bought a 2 output socket to replace the one on the wall and keep things tidy. Works the same. Although about 4 times the price.

BBC channels appear to be working fine again after I switched the unit off for a while (couple of days as had to buy an extra cable!).
    Finally got an attenuator but doesn't seem to make any difference. Not picking up some of the other HD channels but I think the signal is weaker for them anyway. Although both hd TVs pick these channels up fine. Think Humax have sold me a dud with this one as the receiver is really letting it down. So many silly issues which really shouldn't exist.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 14:36:00 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

adon30 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I just bought a 2 output socket to replace the one on the wall and keep things tidy. Works the same. Although about 4 times the price.
    BBC channels appear to be working fine again after I switched the unit off for a while (couple of days as had to buy an extra cable!).
    Finally got an attenuator but doesn't seem to make any difference. Not picking up some of the other HD channels but I think the signal is weaker for them anyway. Although both hd TVs pick these channels up fine. Think Humax have sold me a dud with this one as the receiver is really letting it down. So many silly issues which really shouldn't exist.

Can you link to the two output socket ? All the ones I have seen are TV/FM diplexed. One socket is only suitable for DAB/FM radio.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 14:44:50 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

adon30

Yes it's a double coaxial output plate. Got it at b&q
    Both outputs have TV on them and managed to find the packaging and it was marked as powerplus by sjb electronics.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 15:18:49 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

adon30 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Yes it's a double coaxial output plate. Got it at b&q
    Both outputs have TV on them and managed to find the packaging and it was marked as powerplus by sjb electronics.

Should be OK then, never seen a UHF/UHF wall outlet. Next time I am in B&Q I will have a look.

| Sat 7 Jan 2017 15:22:58 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philip

I have been experiencing random drop outs on the RF pass through, The solution is, to use a splitter to feed the TV. The pass through is unreliable. Other posts have suggested that the remote recording app may interfere with the pass through. It would appear to be mainly a soft ware problem, that depends on how you have set up the box. Incidentally I am using the phono outputs to feed a RF modulator, these out puts only work when the box is in SD mode for the HDMI output

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 10:51:50 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Philip - 5 hours ago  » 
    I have been experiencing random drop outs on the RF pass through, The solution is, to use a splitter to feed the TV. The pass through is unreliable. Other posts have suggested that the remote recording app may interfere with the pass through. It would appear to be mainly a soft ware problem, that depends on how you have set up the box. Incidentally I am using the phono outputs to feed a RF modulator, these out puts only work when the box is in SD mode for the HDMI output

They work all the time irrespective of HD or SD provided you turn on SD output. FVP-Settings-SD output On

| Sun 1 Apr 2018 16:35:09 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philip

When you turn on the SD (RCA Phono) output, the HDMI defaults to SD, there is a message on the screen telling you. Anyway my main concern was the unreliability of the RF pass through. Any comments?

| Mon 2 Apr 2018 9:56:58 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Philip - 2 hours ago  » 
    When you turn on the SD (RCA Phono) output, the HDMI defaults to SD, there is a message on the screen telling you. Anyway my main concern was the unreliability of the RF pass through. Any comments?

My 5000T doesn't it stays on 1080p. Fit a TV splitter, you don't need to use the rf loop through so can turn on power saving in sby.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/labgear-19132r-s-2-way-metal-t-splitter/44534

I have just set SD to always ON. TV reports 1080P50 16:9

| Mon 2 Apr 2018 12:00:35 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.