My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Selection "To be deleted" (5000T)

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

On the list of recorded programmes I note a greyed out selection button below "Schedule" which reads "To be deleted". The only reference to this that I can find in the manual is a setting on Page 29 about "Auto Delete"

Set to On to add old recordings to the list of TO BE DELETED

I don't understand what this is or how it is used by the box if it is set to On. Could someone explain please as I don't want to enable it unless I know what it is going to do.

Edit:

Never mind, I just found
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/to-be-deleted-option
    and
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/to-be-deleted-greyed-out-what-is-it

I was hoping it might be some kind of recycle bin where I could drop programmes which have been watched but I don't want to completely delete yet. No such luck it seems!

| Wed 27 Dec 2017 17:59:10 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Recordings are only selected for possible delete when the disk is getting full.
    The actual delete is done when there is no longer sufficient space for new recordings.
    I believe that watched recordings will be deleted first.

Your choice would seem to be either:
    Set if off and have failed recordings.
    or
    Set it on.

The concept of a recycle bin would not help as such a function still takes disk space.

| Thu 28 Dec 2017 5:48:09 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Recordings are only selected for possible delete when the disk is getting full.
    The actual delete is done when there is no longer sufficient space for new recordings.
    I believe that watched recordings will be deleted first.

Correct...

Watched recordings in date order, oldest first, then unwatched in date order, again oldest first.

I have tested this a few times on both 4000 and 5000T.

| Thu 28 Dec 2017 7:51:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Thanks very much. I will probably leave it off for now as disk space is not an issue (currently about 200h HD spare) and I am quite disciplined at deleting what I no longer need. It was just for the possibility of some kind of recycle bin I was interested. (My ancient Topfield box has this and it is very useful).

| Thu 28 Dec 2017 16:30:19 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.