My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Sensible suggestions for improving EPG, os etc

(62 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oporus

My programming stopped when qbasic was discontinued.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 9:23:14 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I'd prefer it if when I stopped watching a recorded programme half way through, when I went back to my list of recorded programmes it automatically selected the one I was last on (like my 9300t did) rather than it start at the top and me have to go and find it again.

| Fri 7 Sep 2018 11:09:50 #52 |
  3. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Christina2018 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'd prefer it if when I stopped watching a recorded programme half way through, when I went back to my list of recorded programmes it automatically selected the one I was last on (like my 9300t did) rather than it start at the top and me have to go and find it again.

There is a way of going to your recently watched programmes which used to be fairly straightforward on the 4000T, but is more convoluted since the 5000T software.

It can still be quicker though if your programme is way down a long list.

Menu > Top Picks > OK , left or right to RECORDINGS then down to Continue Watching and select your programme.

I find it easier to use the 'Search' function myself, especially if I'm watching a long series and deleting episodes after watching. Once found, the series remains in the search list for subsequent visits and it takes you to the oldest recording rather than the newest.

| Fri 7 Sep 2018 13:48:11 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Stephenesque- Thank you for that information. I'll have to give that a try, it sounds slightly complicated to start with but probably like other things with the 5000t, the more you do it the more you get used to it and then end up doing it quite speedily.

| Sun 9 Sep 2018 11:34:25 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Oporus

I watched a YouTube video on my tablet and that caused a MEDIA PLAYBACK ERROR when trying to use the box as a network drive.

The only way I know of to clear the error is to switch off EVERYTHING connected to the router ... then restart everything ... including the router.

| Fri 14 Sep 2018 16:28:49 #55 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Harters - 2 months ago  » 

redmic - 5 hours ago  » 
    ...It's just a thought I would not want to over complicate things but as I have seen on other systems the colour key menu is put on the bottom of the screen if appropriate....

Every Humax PVR before the 4000/5000 used the coloured buttons to great effect on various screens, I have no idea why they would take away such great functionality on their new and 'improved' machines!

Because the broadcasters got there way in reserving the coloured buttons for their use. eg Green to view current programme from the beginning,

You can attach macros to the colour buttons using a programmeable remote like the Logitech Harmony.

eg My Watch HDR-1000S activity on my Harmony uses Red for reverse skip and blue for forward skip. Green displays the recordings list. Imagine it would be harder for a FVp- 5000T.

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 14:27:50 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Because the broadcasters got there way in reserving the coloured buttons for their use. eg Green to view current programme from the beginning

Speaking of the green button prompt, is there an obvious way to close it, or do we just have wait for it to be removed?

We used to be able to close the Red Button prompt with the green button, not sure if you still can, but something similar for the new green button prompt would be good.

| Sat 15 Sep 2018 15:41:33 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Is there a way to stop the box keep asking me to switch to HD by pressing OK? It keeps coming up numerous times whilst watching SD TV.

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 15:52:22 #58 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Is there a way to stop the box keep asking me to switch to HD by pressing OK? It keeps coming up numerous times whilst watching SD TV.

Seen reports that pressing pause for a second or so to delay the live stream and then play. stops the HD prompt to change channels.

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 16:05:28 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Christina2018 - 7 minutes ago  » 

Seen reports that pressing pause for a second or so to delay the live stream and then play. stops the HD prompt to change channels.

Yes, that is correct. I do it regularly.

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 17:22:40 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.