My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Set recording for BBC1 HD; records twice

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

If I set a recording on BBB1 HD 106, it also sets the same recording for BBC1 HD 972, so I get two recordings of each programme at the same time. Humax are baffled. Any ideas?

| Fri 3 Aug 2018 17:20:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are they both the same episode ? Which regional variation do you have at 106 ?

Say you have BBC 1-HD Scotland at 106 and BBC-1-HD England happens to be showing a different episode (often because Scotland delay an episode), then as they both share the same series crid but a different programme crid the box correctly schedules both. If you happen to have another recording at the same time you get a clash warning.

If they happen to be the same episode then the BBC have screwed up in giving the same episode a different programme CRID.

| Fri 3 Aug 2018 17:32:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

They’re both simply listed as BBC1HD, not the regional variants of BBC1HD, such as Scotland (973) or Wales(973) They’re the only 2 simply listed as BBC1HD. I select to record on 106, then check and see recording is set on both 106 and 972 at the same time and end up with two recordings of the same episode.
    As far as I can make out, both are BBC1 HD England - I'm in Cumbria

| Fri 3 Aug 2018 19:12:16 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tombar - 1 hour ago  » 
    They’re both simply listed as BBC1HD, not the regional variants of BBC1HD, such as Scotland (973) or Wales(973) They’re the only 2 simply listed as BBC1HD. I select to record on 106, then check and see recording is set on both 106 and 972 at the same time and end up with two recordings of the same episode.
    As far as I can make out, both are BBC1 HD England - I'm in Cumbria

106 and 972 should be just the same channel. While watching 106 press opt+ and post the data presented. 106 and 972 are just placeholders for the same channel, There is no way the box could schedule the same recording from the same data stream, you must have recorded the two from a different SID (Service Identifier).

Repeat for 972.

It's possible there is a error in the channel database downloaded for your postcode.

Sadly after the event there is no way to check the CRIDS.

Posting what the repeated recording was like channel, date, time and programme could help greatly.

Without this basic info how can any other member report if some once else had the same issue.

| Fri 3 Aug 2018 20:40:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

Hi Graham,

There doesn’t seem to be an opt+ button for freesat, only for Freeview.

I’ve deleted most of the multiple recordings - I know Our Girl was one and Holby City is one I still have Tuesday 24 July, freesat info doesn’t list the time (Freeview does).

I’ve no idea what a crids is - I just use the thing. This is about my 5th replacement recorder, due to a whole assortment of problems. The previous one also did this, but sometimes the duplicate recording was BBC1 HD Scotland. The current one has been ok till the World Cup, when recordings failed due to being replaced by the football - it’s only since the football that this has started.

It’s very easy to show the double recording being set up. If I chose any programme on 106 and set it to record, then simply scroll into the 960-980 channels,972 is also set to record. I’ve not actually tested if both record - I’ll try that now.

There’s a complication as Humax got me to do yet another reset today, so previous results might no longer be valid. So far, I know both 106 and 972 show as set to record at the same time. Is this normal? Presumably it does this because it asks if I want to use had and I chose yes - would this be why it then lights up both English ones? Why would it sometimes also chose BBC1 HD Scotland?

| Fri 3 Aug 2018 21:15:06 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tombar - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    There doesn’t seem to be an opt+ button for freesat, only for Freeview.
    I’ve deleted most of the multiple recordings - I know Our Girl was one and Holby City is one I still have Tuesday 24 July, freesat info doesn’t list the time (Freeview does).
    I’ve no idea what a crids is - I just use the thing. This is about my 5th replacement recorder, due to a whole assortment of problems. The previous one also did this, but sometimes the duplicate recording was BBC1 HD Scotland. The current one has been ok till the World Cup, when recordings failed due to being replaced by the football - it’s only since the football that this has started.
    It’s very easy to show the double recording being set up. If I chose any programme on 106 and set it to record, then simply scroll into the 960-980 channels,972 is also set to record. I’ve not actually tested if both record.

You have posted in a foxsat-hdr thread. It seems likely you do not have this box.

Guessing you have a HDR-1000S, HDR-1010S or a HDR-1100S.

Without the exact boxwe have no way to help other than saying specifying the actual box you have would greatly help.

On any Humax satellite box looking at the duplicate LCN and seeing a duplicate recording schedule does not mean a duplicate recording will be made. Both epg entries point to the same channel just different logical channel numbers. The two recording icons simply refer to the same reservation.

You can actually copy any of the higher numbers for BBC channels to the lower numbers using customised channels.

Did you actually get duplicate recordings ? if not this a non issue there is nothimg wrong.

Your post suggested you actually got two recordings rather than two references to the same channel, if you did not there is no issue here.

Example using an English postcode 106 will give yot

106 BBC One HD 10847 V

as will

972 BBC ONE HD (England) 10847 V

They are both the same transmission but simply have different logical channel numbers (LCN), (106 and 972)

LCN's come from the epg not the broadcast, the exact same broadcast on a sky box using the sky epg will have different lcn's.

If you look at the recording schedule you will see only one recording is scheduled.

| Fri 3 Aug 2018 21:46:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tombar

Hi Graham,

Sorry - yes, it's a HDR-1100S - my last one was a Freesat, which didn't last long.

Of course I get two recordings, just not all the time. How else could I see I have two recordings and/or delete them? The original is 106 and the duplicate, when it happens, is on either 972 or 973 - sometimes one, sometimes the other.

But forget it - wrong forum anyway, as you pointed out. And Reset may have sorted it - I won't know for a while

| Sat 4 Aug 2018 8:34:44 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tombar - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham,
    Sorry - yes, it's a HDR-1100S - my last one was a Freesat, which didn't last long.
    Of course I get two recordings, just not all the time. How else could I see I have two recordings and/or delete them? The original is 106 and the duplicate, when it happens, is on either 972 or 973 - sometimes one, sometimes the other.
    But forget it - wrong forum anyway, as you pointed out. And Reset may have sorted it - I won't know for a while

No one is disputing that you get two recordings, it happens fairly often but they are never from the same channel rather any two of the following (sometimes as a result of a different episode being aired and sometimes as a result of CRID error by the BBC).

Without which of these you have stored with LCN 106 hard to guess what the duplicate was likely to be.

BBC ONE HD (England) 10847 V
    BBC 1 Scot HD 11023 H
    BBC 1 Wales HD 11023 H
    BBC 1 NI HD 10847 V

If you want to avoid this in future you can delete the ones different to your one at 106 from the lcn's in the 970's

| Sat 4 Aug 2018 9:19:26 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

James79

Hi I was just about to post a question, when I spotted this, I use an 1100s if I record a film that is available on two different days in the guide, although set for one recording, it will set both to record, if I attempt to cancel one to leave just one copy to record, it removes both, only way out is to wait for the first recording to take place, then go to pending and cancel the remaining set recording. This does not seem to be related to BBC , it can be any channel. any comments.

| Sat 18 Aug 2018 15:11:56 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

James79 - 21 hours ago  » 
    Hi I was just about to post a question, when I spotted this, I use an 1100s if I record a film that is available on two different days in the guide, although set for one recording, it will set both to record, if I attempt to cancel one to leave just one copy to record, it removes both, only way out is to wait for the first recording to take place, then go to pending and cancel the remaining set recording. This does not seem to be related to BBC , it can be any channel. any comments.

Read this thread

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/record-entire-series-prompt#post-67940

Don't you get the option to record a single programme rather than the series when you press OK on it in the guide ?

| Sun 19 Aug 2018 12:28:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.