My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Showcase and On demand not loading for over 2 days

(56 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ChrisHolmes - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I bought a Freesat HDR 1100 S 500gb, and it worked well for a few weeks. However, for the past week, I have been unable to access any on demand services just screen message

You haven't said who provides your broadband? If it is Sky then it is a known issue that is being worked on.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 13:22:02 #41 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ChrisHolmes - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I bought a Freesat HDR 1100 S 500gb, and it worked well for a few weeks. However, for the past week, I have been unable to access any on demand services just screen message
    "On demand is loading . ... ... ... less than a minute" etc.
    I have waited for periods varying from 5 up to 20 minutes with no success.
    I have rebooted the rooter and the Freesat box, with no success.
    I have checked all cables and connections, with no success.
    I have used factory reset, with no success.
    All other devices connected to the router either through Ethernet cable or wifi work perfectly. Average broadband speed is 20 to 25 Mb per second. Network is connected according to Network info screen
    Device ID FS HMX 03A 0003 BA42
    Software version UKSFAA3.00.77

Hi welcome to our forum. Who is your ISP ?

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 13:22:04 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Neil1

This should serve as a warning to folks blindly following random suggestions like "Do a factory reset" which might just create work for you...you find it a lot for other devices like Windows e.g. "reinstall it". I even have it with the damp in my kitchen wall , I have fixed the stop cock, I have fixed a drip on the washing machine hose, but it is still there. I could fix the pipe in the wall too...but it might be something else.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 14:19:10 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

stu-pid

Me again just had this from Freesat and I appear to have some improvements to on demand and showcase

Thank you for your email

We are aware of the ongoing ‘On Demand’ issue which appears to be affecting customers with Sky Broadband, that seems to be related to reported issues with Sky broadband over the weekend.

At present, no customer action is advised,

We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

If you have access to Facebook or Twitter we will be adding updates to these sites as and when these become available

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience while we investigate this issue further

Kind Regards

Freesat Customer Team

customerteam@freesat.co.uk

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 15:01:58 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

idiotgap

Neil1 - 45 minutes ago  » 
    This should serve as a warning to folks blindly following random suggestions like "Do a factory reset" which might just create work for you...you find it a lot for other devices like Windows e.g. "reinstall it". I even have it with the damp in my kitchen wall , I have fixed the stop cock, I have fixed a drip on the washing machine hose, but it is still there. I could fix the pipe in the wall too...but it might be something else.

Faced with a wife and three young kids not able to watch what they want for a few days and Humax themselves telling you to do it, plus other threads on various forums seeing that restart approach actually work albeit for an earlier bout of trouble (example: avforums ), reluctantly I did the factory reset. I wouldn't call it blindly exactly. So far as I could tell I did all the methodical troubleshooting I could and that led me to think my box might have got into a state that a reset would fix

It seems to have taken a while for humax/freesat to recognise there is a fundamental infrastructure problem, that left a window open where they gave out bad advice unfortunately.

edited to fix link to avforums thread

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 15:03:45 #45 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

idiotgap - 2 minutes ago  » 

Neil1 - 45 minutes ago  » 

Faced with a wife and three young kids not able to watch what they want for a few days and Humax themselves telling you to do it, plus other threads on various forums seeing that restart approach actually work albeit for an earlier bout of trouble (example: avforums ), reluctantly I did the factory reset. I wouldn't call it blindly exactly. So far as I could tell I did all the methodical troubleshooting I could and that led me to think my box might have got into a state that a reset would fix
    It seems to have taken a while for humax/freesat to recognise there is a fundamental infrastructure problem, that left a window open where they gave out bad advice unfortunately.

Other than the nuisance of having to re-enter your recording schedule and restore any changes to default settings it won't have done any harm.

It might save you from manually deleting lots of expired series recording reservations

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 15:08:56 #46 |
  7. jamonbread

jamonbread

Mines still out, they haven't yet come at all since I lost them both.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 15:14:05 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Sky - believe in better.

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 15:16:33 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

idiotgap

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Other than the nuisance of having to re-enter your recording schedule and restore any changes to default settings it won't have done any harm.
    It might save you from manually deleting lots of expired series recording reservations

Fair point

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 15:18:18 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

spike

Mine is back working now (although it did do that briefly yesterday as well)

| Tue 28 Nov 2017 17:57:29 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.