My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Showcase stuck on last week after update

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TableTheCat

Since last Thursday 6th August, the Showcase menu has not updated on my HDR-1000S. I wondered if this may be connected to the new SW update (version UKSFAA 2.02.46 is showing) but the update date shows 20th July. I have tried the usual unplug, turn off and on again but it is still stuck on Thursday. All other features work as normal including on demand. The Showcase menu isn't frozen as such because I can click on the programs and can even watch some that are still current. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any recommendations please?
    thanks,
    Martin

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 19:07:44 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TableTheCat - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Since last Thursday 6th August, the Showcase menu has not updated on my HDR-1000S. I wondered if this may be connected to the new SW update (version UKSFAA 2.02.46 is showing) but the update date shows 20th July. I have tried the usual unplug, turn off and on again but it is still stuck on Thursday. All other features work as normal including on demand. The Showcase menu isn't frozen as such because I can click on the programs and can even watch some that are still current. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any recommendations please?
    thanks,
    Martin

Welcome Martin to our forum.

See

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-version-20246-available/page/2#post-39761

The date on the firmware is the date it was compiled, not the date your box applied the update (which can be variable depending on if it was applied OTA or manually using USB).

The software presumably was under test from the compilation date till it was released.

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 19:56:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TableTheCat

Thanks. I'll give the factory reset a try.

| Mon 10 Aug 2015 20:02:38 #3 |
  4. davidrew

davidrew

special member

I have exactly the same problem. Showcase is stuck in last week (Thursday) with the Great British Bake Off the first showcase program.

Have done the factory reset as suggested, waited 20 minutes for everything to repopulate, done all the settings, entered the schedule again (Zzzzzz!).

This was primarily to take up Barry's advice to try and fix the funny reboot problem whilst watching a recording I reported last week, but was hoping it would fix this also.

Any ideas?

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 9:15:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trev_b

Same here and the Factory Reset did diddly squat apart than wasting time having reseting the recordings and favourites list.

Luckily the android app Showcase is working fine.

Hopefully this will get sorted in due course.

Trev

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 9:55:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffc

Surely this must be a server issue?

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 10:05:35 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

geoffc - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Surely this must be a server issue?

I agree, First 3 icons on my Showcase is Made In Chelsea LA watch now, Ice Stars Today at 17:00 and Christian Louboutin: T... Tonight at 21:00.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 10:24:56 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

TableTheCat

Thanks again.
    Does this mean someone needs to reboot a server somewhere rather than the problem being with my freest box?

Is there anything I can do to connect to a different server perhaps?

I have noticed when I click on some of the programs that are listed in the showcase menu that say they are only available until e.g. 7th August that they are still available and can be watched. I would have expected these to have been removed from the server by now, which also suggests it's a problem with freesat server rather than with my box?

martin

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 11:09:46 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trev_b

I have contacted Freesat via their website chat device, they are not aware of any issues, so it might help if other got in contact with them.

They suggested the old favourite of the Factory Reset and powering down the router humax and disconnecting the network cable for thirty minutes, then power up the router and humax but wait a further 30 minutes before reconnecting the network cable....

Guess what it did not work... There is a surprise

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 12:18:40 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev_b - 10 minutes ago  » 
    I have contacted Freesat via their website chat device, they are not aware of any issues, so it might help if other got in contact with them.
    They suggested the old favourite of the Factory Reset and powering down the router humax and disconnecting the network cable for thirty minutes, then power up the router and humax but wait a further 30 minutes before reconnecting the network cable....
    Guess what it did not work... There is a surprise

afaik You are the only recent reporter of the issue.

| Tue 11 Aug 2015 12:29:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.