My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Signal Info Page Tuner 2 No Signal?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dancingbarber - 35 minutes ago  » 
    Body of Proof is on 5USA from 9 till 10 pm. I'm not sure what you mean by runaway timer.

A runaway timer is where a recording continues long after the actual end of the recorded program.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 17:57:01 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 33 minutes ago  » 
    Body of Proof is on 5USA from 9 till 10 pm. I'm not sure what you mean by runaway timer.
    I'm in East Midlands.

Runaway timer is where for some reason either the box has missed the AR flag to indicate the programme has finished or the broadcaster has failed to transmit it.

Channel 5 (and derivatives) are by far the worst at getting the series crid codes right.

I only record the CH 5 lunchtime pair of soaps for the better half. Gave up using series recording long ago as they simply can't get the codes right. I now use a pair of purely manual recording reservations with a daily repeat. Incidentally CH5 and the others have by far the worst picture of any of the big five (Too many channels on a single transponder).

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 18:01:17 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

I have reset box and proved I have 2 inputs both good/normal. I set one channel to record and got tuner1 good/good tuner2 no signal.

Then with tuner 1 still recording viewed different channel and got signal info for both tuners. Barry is right unless its working a tuner will register 'no signal'.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 23:39:33 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/tuner-signal-strength-indicators

I have also seen this reversed (Tuner 2 showing signal, Tuner 1 not). The key thing to look for is the message at the foot of the screen confirming two tuners.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 8:37:20 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.