My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Signal Loss

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haerenia

I live in an area with perfect TV reception and the stand-alone TV reports 100% signal quality and strength on all channels. My HDR 2000T has been fine for 5 years. In the last weeks, it gives me a black screen and a warning of weak or no signal. If I turn off the box and let it cool down for an hour or so, it works perfectly on all channels and an hour or so later starts to fail, sometimes in the middle of a programme or when I switch from BBC to ITV etc. I checked the coax cables and they are all fine.
    Is the box at end-of-life? Should I buy a new one and, if so, which?

| Tue 2 May 2017 10:53:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Haerenia - 2 hours ago  » 
    I live in an area with perfect TV reception and the stand-alone TV reports 100% signal quality and strength on all channels. My HDR 2000T has been fine for 5 years. In the last weeks, it gives me a black screen and a warning of weak or no signal.

A 100% signal strength may well be too high. Is there an amplifier in the aerial circuit (either a booster near the box or a distribution amp or a masthead amp)? Is it possible that is failing?

| Tue 2 May 2017 13:50:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haerenia

No, the aerial is a normal one with no booster needed. I live in an area with perfect reception. Remember, without using the box, reception is perfect (as it is after a cold start using the box). Assuming my Humax box is broken, what is the best replacement?

| Wed 3 May 2017 9:21:55 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.