My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Sky Arts

(80 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

trog - 1 day ago  » 
    I just looked and ITVBe is showing a picture again.
    I then checked and Humax has rolled out an update, I am now on version 1.00_64_240816 which is the same number for the Beta test.

Is this a general rollout? Because I'm still on the old version of the Freeview app despite having had the Aura connected to the internet. Perhaps I need to contact Humax with my serial number and ask for the update?

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 12:30:41 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Geoff_W - 15 mins ago  » 

trog - 1 day ago  » 
    I then checked and Humax has rolled out an update, I am now on version 1.00_64_240816 which is the same number for the Beta test.

Is this a general rollout? Because I'm still on the old version of the Freeview app despite having had the Aura connected to the internet. Perhaps I need to contact Humax with my serial number and ask for the update?

Yes it was a general roll out. What update number are you on? the previous update was 1.00_62_240210, if it is not that number then you might be looking in the wrong place. About half an hour ago whilst watching tv I once again had all Aura channels give a blank black screen, I again had to power down to get it back on track. I checked and I am still on the new 1.00_64_240816 update and suspect it may have been rolled out again.

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 12:55:19 #72 |
  3. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

trog - 1 hour ago  » 

Geoff_W - 15 mins ago  » 

trog - 1 day ago  » 

Yes it was a general roll out. What update number are you on? the previous update was 1.00_62_240210, if it is not that number then you might be looking in the wrong place. About half an hour ago whilst watching tv I once again had all Aura channels give a blank black screen, I again had to power down to get it back on track. I checked and I am still on the new 1.00_64_240816 update and suspect it may have been rolled out again.

I'm still on the old 240210 version. Did you have to do anything special to download the update or did it download automatically?

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 14:07:05 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Geoff_W - 13 mins ago
    I'm still on the old 240210 version. Did you have to do anything special to download the update or did it download automatically?

I did nothing, as I said before I just turned on my Aura from standby and all channels were blank so I turned off power for a while and let it boot up again to get my picture back, when I saw my ITVBe issue had been fixed I checked to see if there had been an update and there was. If you have not powered down then maybe try that for a few minutes and if it does nothing then contact Humax who may be able to send you a targeted update like they did for the beta testers.

This is a email Humax sent me after I told them my issue was fixed............

"Thank you for your email.

I've just got the information from the headquarters that the update has been rolled out universally, and was about to let you know.
    Thank you for your updated feedback, it's great to hear that everything works fine for you now - I do wish the other users' experience will be the same all over the UK.
    Thank you again for being our extra eye and ear out there!
    Best Regards,
    Judit
    Humax Customer Support"

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 14:29:06 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

"I'm still on the old 240210 version. Did you have to do anything special to download the update or did it download automatically?"

Have you performed a full power down and then restart?

My Aura only go the update after powering down (not standby), Waiting until the LED went black
    it sat for a couple of minutes and then restarted it self went through the full power up,
    Humax logo to Android animation start and then the white rotating circle.
    Once the Aura had started broadcasting a channel checked Settings> Apps etc etc and Freeview system app had updated.

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 14:37:40 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

VitaminD - 12 mins ago  » 
    "I'm still on the old 240210 version. Did you have to do anything special to download the update or did it download automatically?"
    Have you performed a full power down and then restart?
    My Aura only go the update after powering down (not standby), Waiting until the LED went black
    it sat for a couple of minutes and then restarted it self went through the full power up,
    Humax logo to Android animation start and then the white rotating circle.
    Once the Aura had started broadcasting a channel checked Settings> Apps etc etc and Freeview system app had updated.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected and suggested may be Geoff's problem

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 14:53:27 #76 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

It's fixed. I hadn't done a power cycle. When I did, the Home screen said there were apps to update and when that was done the Freeview app is now on the 240816 version. I'll do a test recording tonight on Sky Arts to see if it's fixed.

Many thanks for everybody's help.

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 15:07:41 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 
    It's fixed. I hadn't done a power cycle. When I did, the Home screen said there were apps to update and when that was done the Freeview app is now on the 240816 version. I'll do a test recording tonight on Sky Arts to see if it's fixed.

Were you still getting issues with SkyArt then? My issue with SkyArt/Mix E4Xtra etc freezing/black screen went away on its own days before this latest update and only ITVBe not showing a pcture when viewed live was the only problem for me.

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 15:18:51 #78 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

trog - 16 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 

Were you still getting issues with SkyArt then? My issue with SkyArt/Mix E4Xtra etc freezing/black screen went away on its own days before this latest update and only ITVBe not showing a pcture when viewed live was the only problem for me.

I don't know. Since my original faulty recording several weeks ago I haven't attempted to record anything on Sky Arts since. I was waiting until a fix or work-around came along.

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 15:38:49 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 

trog - 16 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 

I don't know. Since my original faulty recording several weeks ago I haven't attempted to record anything on Sky Arts since. I was waiting until a fix or work-around came along.

You may have not needed to wait so long then as others also reported the issue going away. I tried to push Humax for an explanation as to why it was fixed as they had seemingly done nothing but I never got an answer to my question.

| Wed 11 Sep 2024 15:47:39 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.