My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Sky Arts

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

Been trying to record Tales Of The Unexpected recently and the recordings keep freezing and repeating the last couple of seconds over and over again or just stop playing completely. All other recordings from all other channels are absolutely fine. Any ideas?
    Thank you very much.

| Sun 4 Aug 2024 6:16:49 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I've noticed some new (to me, at least) problems on the multiplex containing Sky Arts since about last Tuesday. The repeating sequence on recordings or freezing frame on live being one of them. Poor quality sound being another. The sound problem seems to be common to all my devices. The repeating loop/freeze seems to only be happening on the Aura. My guess is that the main cause is the way the multiplex is assembled - nothing we can do except complain. A secondary problem might be the inability of the Aura to cope with something odd in the data stream. What are the chances of Humax providing an upgrade to the software?

| Sun 4 Aug 2024 6:41:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Same here on the Aura tuned in to the Com 5/ ArqA Mux supplying Sky Mix, U and Dave, U and Drama +1 amongst others.
    Picture freezes often, sound for me is okay and as I use the subtitles a lot they have increased in size by about 50%.

If I switch from the Aura to using the TVs tuners there is no freezing, subtitles are still larger though.

| Sun 4 Aug 2024 6:53:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Same here on my Aura. I emailed Humax on Friday and am waiting for a reply. I asked if they are aware of the issue, if they had a fix that did not involve losing recordings and if they were working on an update similar to the fix for the last black screen problem.

| Sun 4 Aug 2024 11:09:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Thank you Trog for emailing Humax. It will be interesting to see if they come back with anything.

| Sun 4 Aug 2024 16:58:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Still no reply from Humax so I just mailed them again to give them a nudge.

| Wed 7 Aug 2024 10:08:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Just got a reply that did not answer my questions and only suggested a factory reset. Has anyone tried that to solve this issue? I do not want to try a
    factory reset if it has already failed to cure the problem for someone else. Here is the Humax message............................

"Thank you for reaching out and providing detailed information about the issues you're experiencing with your Aura. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having.

To address these issues, you can try performing a Factory Reset on the unit. This process will not delete your recordings, so you don't have to worry about losing any of your saved content. If you need instructions on how to perform a Factory Reset, we'd be happy to provide them.

Additionally, please ensure that your internet connection is stable. If possible, try connecting the unit with a LAN cable to see if that improves the situation.

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues or if there's anything else we can assist you with. "

| Thu 8 Aug 2024 10:39:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Given my previous fun with a factory reset, I won't be trying that anytime soon. Yes, I didn't lose recordings - I lost normal access to them. Hours of copying to PC and reformat the disk was required. Next time I'll save to PC first and delete recordings before factory reset. (Couldn't find or delete recordings from Aura menus, but files were there and space used that couldn't be deleted without a format)

That reply doesn't address the problems. Is it really the case that many people need to do a factory reset? I don't think so. Either Humax need to fix the problem or pass it to Arqiva (the people responsible for the multiplex).

| Thu 8 Aug 2024 11:48:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

EEPhil - 17 mins ago  » 
    Given my previous fun with a factory reset, I won't be trying that anytime soon. Yes, I didn't lose recordings - I lost normal access to them. Hours of copying to PC and reformat the disk was required. Next time I'll save to PC first and delete recordings before factory reset. (Couldn't find or delete recordings from Aura menus, but files were there and space used that couldn't be deleted without a format)
    That reply doesn't address the problems. Is it really the case that many people need to do a factory reset? I don't think so. Either Humax need to fix the problem or pass it to Arqiva (the people responsible for the multiplex).

I already replied to their mail earlier with.................
    "Thank you for the reply,

I always use a Lan cable. I know a factory reset is supposed to not affect recordings but there has been reports of that not being the case, the recordings remain but become unaccessable on the Aura. I am wary of trying the reset not just because of this but also as it was the same advice given on the previous black screen issue and it did nothing to cure that, it took a Humax update. Can you please confirm wheter this is a known issue to you or am I just an isolated case?

This is the post of someone who had issues with a factory reset.......................................

"I've been having problems with my Aura not recording when in standby and not waking up with a working Freeview Live app. I decided to go for the factory reset ("this will not delete your recordings" version). I should have checked various forums first as there is a problem. It's true recordings aren't deleted, they are just difficult to access and impossible to delete. They don't show up in "Recordings" or by trying to access remotely by FTP. Install a third party file manager and you find the files at
    /Internal_HDD/Android/data/com.humaxdigital.corona.tvinput.freeview/files/recordings (_ is a space). If the file manager has an FTP server you can transfer the files to a PC and, providing they are not HiDef, you can play them. Strangely, they are in the same folder as new recordings - they just aren't visible from the Humax UI or standard FTP ".

| Thu 8 Aug 2024 12:07:59 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

That someone was me!

| Thu 8 Aug 2024 12:34:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.