My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Sky Arts

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

EEPhil - 3 hours ago  » 
    That someone was me!

Of course it was. Did you ever take it up with Humax?

| Thu 8 Aug 2024 16:23:10 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

@EEPhil They say you are special

"Thank you for your reply.
    I understand your concerns, but I want to clarify that a factory reset should not cause the issues described in the post you referenced. The recordings will remain intact, and the factory reset has no impact on their accessibility. The situation that the other user experienced seems to be an isolated case and not something associated with performing a factory reset on the device.

A factory reset is a recommended step as it can resolve various issues, such as system glitches, software bugs, and performance slowdowns. Although it will clear any recording schedules, it won’t affect your existing recordings in any-way.

To ensure the best performance of your device, I strongly recommend proceeding with the factory reset. If you encounter any difficulties afterward, please don’t hesitate to contact us for further assistance. "

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 10:22:28 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

One day I might try it again, but I suspect the response was BS.

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 10:38:25 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

EEPhil - 5 mins ago  » 
    One day I might try it again, but I suspect the response was BS.

I have asked them to confirm that they have proof that a factory reset will cure this exact issue rather than just being the generic thing to try for issues and once again said that the same Humax advice did not work for the last similar issue and that needed update 1.00_62_240210.

If anyone has had luck curing this problem with a factory reset please say so but if you also are having the same issue then email or phone Humax, the more people who contact them the more likely they will be to sort out the issue.

Email:
    uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

Support & Information:
    0344 318 8800

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 10:56:22 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

I don't want to try a factory reset as apart from the Sky Arts issue my recorder is working well

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 11:29:34 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

itsallgood - 1 hour ago  » 
    I don't want to try a factory reset as apart from the Sky Arts issue my recorder is working well

Are you saying that Sky Mix, U and Dave, U and Drama +1 amongst others are not affected on your Aura and only Sky Arts freezes? Or you just don't view those channels?.

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 12:47:19 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeW-uk

I am having the same issue, Sky Arts and Sky Mix as freezing after a minute or so. Have not noticed it happening with U&Dave yet.
    It also only seems to happen during a program, never during the adverts. Infact with Sky Arts it has frozen quite a few times, just as the adverts have finished and the program is starting.
    I bit the bullet and have done a Factory Reset and it has made no difference.

*** Update ***
    Have been watching Discovering Kevin Bacon on Sky Arts now for 20 minutes without freeze, not sure if the issue happens only during certain programs. Will update with more info later…

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 16:07:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

@MikeW-uk Thanks for the info. I just watched a few mins of U&Dave without it freezing, I will also check other channels and report back later.

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 17:13:07 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

U&Dave,SkyMix and E4extra showed no freeze after several minutes of viewing however SkyArts froze after a couple of minutes. I will check again tonight, I recorded Friday night dinner on E4extra last week and it was freezing very frequently so a good one to test.

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 18:11:06 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeW-uk

It seems that Sky Arts is worse and the freezing happens more frequent during programs transmitted in old 4:3 format. Had no issues with Discovering Kevin Bacon (wide screen) but Joy of Painting had about 4 freezes and Tales of the Unexpected was unwatchable as it froze every 30 seconds or so.
    The freeze occurs almost all the time when the adverts end and the program is just about to continue. I’m guessing this may be due to a switch between widescreen and 4:3 mode on older programs.
    Had the odd freeze on Sky Mix but nothing like as bad as with Sky Arts.
    It must be something to do with picture data on older 4:3 programs that the Aura is having an issue with, but it’s so random it’s hard to pin it down.
    For the record my transmitter is Winter Hill.

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 18:39:05 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.