My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Sky Arts

(80 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

First half of Friday night dinner on E4extra giving brief black screen every couple of minutes on live viewing which then just loops when watching the recording.Live second half of episode had 2 freezes and then black screens again.

| Fri 9 Aug 2024 21:25:59 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I can't quite remember which programme on U&Dave (QI or HIGNFY) but there were freezes, usually in the break. Also a one second green screen in the programme itself. I might duplicate any future recordings for channels on the offending multiplex on an older Humax (5000T) and compare the results.

| Sat 10 Aug 2024 6:30:33 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeW-uk

I can't find any common denominator in all this. Some times all channels are working ok, other times Sky Mix, Sky Arts and Dave are constantly freezing.
    I am just wondering as I don't know how these things work but, as all these channels are on Multiplex Com5 could a program transmitted on Sky Arts potentially affect a program transmitted at the same time on Sky Mix? The reason I ask is because all 3 channels seem to constantly freeze when Tales of the Unexpected is being transmitted on Sky Arts, but last night when The Who and Queen programs were on Sky Arts everything was ok on all channels.

| Sun 11 Aug 2024 10:59:00 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Until other people pointed out Sky channels were freezing as well, I thought this could have been a problem with UKTV channels only - as they have a history of messing things up (aspect ratio, sound click/pops etc). Could be that the multiplex operator Arqiva are adding something (deliberately or accidentally) into the data stream that the Aura doesn't like.
    I initially thought the freezes happened in the ad breaks - but that could be a red herring as most channels seem to have the breaks at exactly the same time. (Funny that.)

| Sun 11 Aug 2024 13:27:09 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Anyone thought it could be the hot weather conditions?

| Sun 11 Aug 2024 16:29:07 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

kr002 - 26 mins ago  » 
    Anyone thought it could be the hot weather conditions?

Certainly not, happens 24/7 for weeks now and affecting people in totally different areas of the country.

| Sun 11 Aug 2024 16:59:02 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeW-uk

I have just had an email back from Humax Support which says they are aware of this problem with ARQ A group channels(COM5) intermitant freezing and they are looking into it. Just have to wait now and see what they do about it.

| Tue 13 Aug 2024 10:17:38 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

itsallgood

That's great, Mike. Thank you for your help with this. I wonder if Humax will come up with anything...?

| Tue 13 Aug 2024 11:02:52 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reggles

As newbie to Humax Aura and this forum, can I just add that I have been experiencing the same problems regarding Sky Mix recordings repeatedly freezing during playback. I have not tried recording programmes from Sky Arts yet, so can not comment on problems with that channels. Interestingly, my problems with Sky Mix recordings only seems to occurs on recordings made after 9-00pm. Recordings made before this time have all been fine. Has anyone else experienced simllar time related issues.

| Sun 18 Aug 2024 18:47:40 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.