My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Small EPG

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

micken

Is there a permanent fix for the EPG problem on the PVR 9150T, mine only populates 2 days, the rest of week is sparsely and randomly populated, used to fully populate when new, Manual tuning does not help.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 16:36:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you tried deleting channels you don't ever watch ?

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 17:05:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

micken

I am on the crystal palace transmitter, and do a manual search on channels 23 26 25 22 28 29, unfortunately I Watch programs from all these channels

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:02:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

micken - 38 minutes ago  » 
    I am on the crystal palace transmitter, and do a manual search on channels 23 26 25 22 28 29, unfortunately I Watch programs from all these channels

Those are the multiplex frequencies not broadcast channels. Do you watch all the channels on each multiplex ? Each one has many channels multiplexed onto the UHF frequency.

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Crystal_Palace

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:43:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have you tried deleting channels you don't ever watch ?

My understanding is that deleting channels alone does not help. The trick is reducing the number of multiplexes tuned but if the OP wants to be able to watch programmes from all multiplexes then that isn't an option.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 19:14:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

micken

I don't want to take up to much of your time, I just wondered if there was a permanent hardware repair that can be done to solve the epg problem on these old pvr's.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 19:42:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

micken - 14 hours ago  » 
    I don't want to take up to much of your time, I just wondered if there was a permanent hardware repair that can be done to solve the epg problem on these old pvr's.

No. The problem is that the hardware was designed when there were fewer channels and it is now short of memory and CPU power and neither can be enhanced. There are plenty of reports that tuning in only three multiplexes gives very acceptable performance but at the cost of limiting the number of available channels.

| Thu 28 Sep 2017 10:20:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

micken

thanks for the reply's, it is still usable even with 2 days epg

| Fri 29 Sep 2017 20:12:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

micken - 12 minutes ago  » 

It shouldn't be quite that bad.
    The gaps are aggravated if you tune into multiple transmitters, even if you can then identify which are the duplicates and manually delete them.

Have you tried manually tuning into just 1 transmitter having started off with a clean slate?

For instructions see http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097

| Fri 29 Sep 2017 20:31:52 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 

micken - 12 minutes ago  » 

It shouldn't be quite that bad.
    The gaps are aggravated if you tune into multiple transmitters, even if you can then identify which are the duplicates and manually delete them.
    Have you tried manually tuning into just 1 transmitter having started off with a clean slate?
    For instructions see http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097

Yes I agree, my friend's 9300 has a full EPG tuned to all available multiplexes from Waltham.

| Fri 29 Sep 2017 23:07:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.