My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software updates

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roker

I have A humax HDR-1100S Freesat box for approx 6 month.

Updates have been retrograde step for the worse

1/ could you please tell me what the circular arrow is on some channels in the menu/ this is not mentioned in any documentation.

2/ There was a very handy system of deleting and adding favourites by going to the left of the now channel on to the channel logo and pressing OK, this no longer works, they have changed the software.
    I have to go to settings/favourites and tick or untick the menu, this not very convenient.

3/ I find it annoying to select favourites which requires 5 button presses,
    ie. 1 TV Guide; 2 List; 3 Press up; 4 Press OK; 5 Press i.

This is a constant process to see what is on other channels while watching the main channel. Surely this could be done with one button press.
    Come on Humax you are not user friendly

| Thu 3 Aug 2017 12:37:17 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

1. see https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-version-30077-30078

2 and 3. freesat are responsible for the functional design of the user interface.

| Thu 3 Aug 2017 12:53:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Shrone

I agree, I have just bought a new Humax machine and found the instructions for setting Favourites didn't work. It has taken me ages to find the answer (I had to join this forum!). The procedures to set favourites is ridiculously long=winded and it is very tiresome to have to select favourites when you want to watch. This is the first time I have had a Humax machine and am very disappointed with it so far. I also find the EPG very difficult to read - I have to be within 6 feet of the TV.

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 7:53:00 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The favourites setting via highlighting channel logo was reported to Humax Towers a couple of weeks ago and acknowledged, engineers asked to investigate.

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 8:33:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Shrone - 3 hours ago  » 
    I agree, I have just bought a new Humax machine and found the instructions for setting Favourites didn't work. It has taken me ages to find the answer (I had to join this forum!). The procedures to set favourites is ridiculously long=winded and it is very tiresome to have to select favourites when you want to watch. This is the first time I have had a Humax machine and am very disappointed with it so far. I also find the EPG very difficult to read - I have to be within 6 feet of the TV.

I think once you get used to it you will find it's a very good PVR. I've had mine about 4 years and still think it's the best one out there.

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 11:27:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roker

I had a reply from Humax Cust support, who said they had changed the software for setting favourites and that the Engineers are unlikely to go back to what we had. In this case how do I stop receiving automatic update? In case they do anything else silly.

I also agree with Shrone about reading the green menu, I thought my eyes were failing

Reply from Humax
    Freesat has changed the software yes, this is now the only way to edit the Favorites list. I will pass your feedback on to the development team but it is unlikely these changes will be reverted back.

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 12:11:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

The real underlying issue here is the complete non-user-friendly method of selecting Favourites once they have been set up. It should be a one key press on the R/C instead of the convoluted Guide/List/Up (as I recall, I never use it), which is not even "fixed" for subsequent channel selections. Been that way since day 1, Oct 2012, and customer dissatisfaction known to Freesat, but unlikely to get fixed by Freesat.

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 13:16:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roker

Its also the set up of favourites. If as many people as possible email to Humax like I did possibly they would listen. I cannot understand why their updates should make the operation worse.

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 14:51:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Roker - 2 hours ago  » ...If as many people as possible email to Humax like I did possibly they would listen...

Unlikely. The s/w is owned by Freesat.

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 17:24:15 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Roker - 2 hours ago  » 
    If as many people as possible email to Humax like I did possibly they would listen.

My post #4 is latest from Humax Towers

| Sat 12 Aug 2017 17:40:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.