My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Some functions not working with HDMI

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Royston - 1 hour ago  » 
    Martin, I changed from SCART because the picture quality suddenly deteriorated. I've tried different leads but each is the same. The picture option on my TV now only shows "Cinema 1" or "Cinema 2" with SCART whereas I previously had many more (e.g. vivid etc). I now have these options with HDMI only.

Did you remove the HDMI lead whilst testing the SCART leads? I am afraid I have no idea what Cinema 1 or Cinema 2 might refer to?

| Fri 21 May 2021 18:00:35 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Royston

Yes, that was my initial configuration.

| Sat 22 May 2021 9:35:17 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Royston - 58 mins ago  » 
    Yes, that was my initial configuration.

Finally can you confirm that with only the SCART lead connected you tried each of the settings under Preferences>A/V Control>TV-SCART; did you should see differences in the picture quality between the different settings?

| Sat 22 May 2021 10:36:08 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jonjo1945

I know your post was quite some time ago but I had a similar problem last year. It seemed when I used an HDMI lead I could not get any audio unless I conected to my sound bar with an optical lead which was ok but I could not use the soundbar with anything else connected to the TV. I was just looking through the user instructions when I noticed (dont know why I didnt see it before) that when you use a HDMI lead you must also use RCA lead in addition for audio as it is not supported via HDMI. Dont know if this is too late for you or not but I will certainly try it at the weekend when I go back to our caravan

| Tue 19 Apr 2022 18:05:59 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Royston

Thanks, but my TV doesn't accept RCA input, only HDMI

| Wed 20 Apr 2022 17:15:29 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobM

I have just read your post, I have a 9300t connected to a 11 year old sony HD TV using a hdmi lead, I have no problems with any of the functions. Under preferences, AV control, my settings are, audio output-stereo, screen ratio-16:9, hdmi resolution 576p, picture isn't as good on 720p but doesn't affect functions. If volume doesn't adjust, it could be a dodgy cable or connection, I only use television volume. Theatre settings won't affect functions. Problems with programmes not recording, go into recording schedule, press OK button, this allows you to add a couple of minutes to end of programmes, which cancels reliance on broadcaster signal to start and stop recording. Lastly whenever I have any problems with my Humax, I turn it off at the mains switch on rear of machine for an hour, or overnight, and then do an automatic search, and if you want to avoid losing all your recordings in the library keep them below 300, preferably 280 max.

| Fri 29 Apr 2022 11:58:36 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.