My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Some functions not working with HDMI

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Royston

I have had a PVR9300T for a few years and was using a SCART lead to my Sony TV. The picture quality suddenly reduced considerably so I've now changed to an HDMI lead which fixed the picture but I have lost some functions:
    1. clicking on a upcoming programme on the guide produces a reservation but doesn't subsequently record. (I do now have a new "schedule" button on the menu that does work). The record now button also works ok.
    2. the volume control on the Humax remote shows the volume bar on the tv, but does not modulate the volume. (The "mute" button does work). So we can only now change the volume using the TV remote.
    Do I need an extra cable?

| Thu 20 May 2021 12:42:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Royston - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have had a PVR9300T for a few years and was using a SCART lead to my Sony TV. The picture quality suddenly reduced considerably so I've now changed to an HDMI lead which fixed the picture but I have lost some functions:

The most likely explanations for the picture quality change would be either the SCART connector at one or the other working loose or the settings for the SCART output changing; have a look under Preferences>A/V Control>TV-SCART and try each of the three options.

1. clicking on a upcoming programme on the guide produces a reservation but doesn't subsequently record. (I do now have a new "schedule" button on the menu that does work). The record now button also works ok.

Sorry I don't understand what has happened maybe a 9300T user has some suggestions.

2. the volume control on the Humax remote shows the volume bar on the tv, but does not modulate the volume. (The "mute" button does work). So we can only now change the volume using the TV remote.

Again a 9300T user might make a more informed comment but I don't find that surprising; I don't think another cable would help.

| Thu 20 May 2021 16:37:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Change the sound output to stereo/pcm.

| Thu 20 May 2021 16:49:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 

I think on a 9300T which doesn't support HD the options are stereo or mono. I agree it is worth trying to toggle the setting and see what happens.

| Thu 20 May 2021 18:55:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Martin Liddle - 45 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 

I think on a 9300T which doesn't support HD the options are stereo or mono. I agree it is worth trying to toggle the setting and see what happens.

I have just read the manual and now I remember why I didn't bother replacing my 9200 when this came out

| Thu 20 May 2021 19:42:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

When I had a PVR-9300T I did not use HDMI but the manual does state:

If your receiver is connected to a TV that does not support
    compressed audio using a HDMI cable, the audio may not
    function. Select another audio option other than compressed
    audio.

The non-recording may be just the normal and a coincidence that it has happened at the same time. The usual first approach is to make sure that it is not being caused by the usual and to action a manual retune on a way that ensures the PVR is tuned to only 1 transmitter.
    This cures non-recoding so often it is not worthwhile investigating further until there is confidence that the PVR is really just tuned to 1 transmitter.
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/week-old-9300t-and-epg-wont-fill-up-for-week#post-7097

| Thu 20 May 2021 23:21:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Royston

Thanks, tried changing to mono but no difference. I'm already only tuned to one transmitter.

| Fri 21 May 2021 9:20:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Royston - 1 day ago  » 
    Do I need an extra cable?

Searching on the internet there are many others who have asked the same, or similar, question. Volume control on a PVR-9300T via HDMI does not appear possible.
    E.g. https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/control-tv-volume#post-9312
    E.g. https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/917856/humax-9300t-sound-ajustment

Royston - 6 hours ago  » 
    I'm already only tuned to one transmitter.

May I ask why you are confident of that?

| Fri 21 May 2021 15:36:57 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Royston - 6 hours ago  » 
    Thanks, tried changing to mono but no difference.

Have you tried my suggestion of going back to SCART and trying each of the settings under Preferences>A/V Control>TV-SCART ?

| Fri 21 May 2021 15:53:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Royston

Thanks for all your inputs. I would reply to each individually but I only see one reply box at the bottom of the page. So;
    Martin, I changed from SCART because the picture quality suddenly deteriorated. I've tried different leads but each is the same. The picture option on my TV now only shows "Cinema 1" or "Cinema 2" with SCART whereas I previously had many more (e.g. vivid etc). I now have these options with HDMI only. I wonder if my TV software has been updated and caused the problem.
    Luke, thanks, now I know the volume control is an HDMI feature that I can't fix. Also I have manually tuned to only one transmitter (Mendip) using the channel info on their website.
    Anyway thanks to all for these. I guess I'll have to live with what I have.

| Fri 21 May 2021 16:43:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.