My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

The "empty schedule" problem

(153 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

Barry - 2 weeks ago  » 
    I witnessed this on an earlier beta release but not on this one so far.
    When I had problem all timers that were scheduled and are annotated as such in the EPG recorded ok. The schedule reappeared the next day.
    Message sent to Humax Towers highlighting the issue with this release.

That's my experience as well. It might have been the case before the latest update but I very rarely look at the Schedule so I probably just never noticed.

However, as Barry says, even though most of the schedule other than 3 or 4 entries have vanished, the programmes are still set to record in the guide and they do record as scheduled.

The next day the schedule is fully populated again!

Richard

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 11:09:05 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

drkcw

Barry - 4 hours ago  » 
    drkcw - It is not half as bad as it is being portrayed.
    Freesat:
    1. I don't recall it taking 2 years to become stable/usuable.
    2. Yes it took some time to ascertain what was causing the HDD issues.....repairs are free for in warranty customers, out of warranty customers pay for carriage only.
    Less then 1% of the total units sold are affected by this problem.
    3. There is an reboot problem being reported by some users currently - both freesat and Humax Towers are aware.
    FVP 4000T:
    I only witnessed the disappearing schedule once, on a beta not released publically, and no reboots to date.
    The latest beta being tested by members of this forum appears to be stable - for me at least.
    There is some nonsense posted elsewhere about this unit which is either user error of just plain mischief making.

Thanks Barry, it has all been reading like a endless tale of woe. I remain stuck deciding what to do, perhaps I have been particularly unlucky getting two boxes with similar issues. Notably when this new unit presented an empty schedule on Sunday later that day I went to check it again and the box crashed when entering the Recording menu via the Main Menu - and of course on reboot the Schedule was re-populated.

There are three other recorders working in this house, all of which have required some degree of input at various times from me re. firmware updates or configuring the settings etc to get them to work ok. But unfortunately my FVP4000T's really have outdone them all, in total and I am minded to choose reliability over functionality and look at another manufacturer.

Just wondering, have you any idea how long it might take for the beta software you're testing to become available? The 'empty schedule' is very annoying, having a knock-on effect into the Guide where you can't edit anything which is marked to record - and the occasionally crashing of course.

I do remain concerned that Humax still seem to be reluctant to acknowledge this as an issue. Unfortunately 1% might just be deemed an acceptable level of unit failure and loss so the issue will never be a addressed? However I'm minded to hang on another day or so before getting back to the retailer. Think I'll go check the Schedule now..

Thanks

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 14:51:57 #52 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I was asked this very morning for my opinion on the beta software, and provided my response to Humax Towers, which was positive.

If you want to try the beta software then PM me and I'll provide info on how to obtain/upload it.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 15:01:44 #53 |
  4. aciddad

aciddad

special member

My first FVP was on 1.01.34 and had a number of problems, but not the empty schedule. Humax sent me a beta (1.01.47) and although it stopped or reduced most of the problems it introduced the empty schedule. I later was sent a beta (1.01.49, pre-release version) which still had it. I now have a replacement box with official 1.01.49 and it is the same. I have kept a record of events and there is definitely no pattern to it on my box. I have started doing a power off/on which mostly works.
    Judging by when it started and not all boxes being affected, I would suspect a problem with a component being out of spec for the new software.
    Barry, even though I have had beta software direct from humax before, and my contact telling me they would let me have it if it becomes available, they are saying there is no beta. So does your offer still stand?
    David.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 15:07:33 #54 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

David check your PM's in a minute.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 15:09:10 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bampsam

Barry,would there be any chance of getting the original software from fourteen months ago when the box was first released. No idea of the version number,but any help would be greatly appreciated.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 16:05:43 #56 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have received quite a few versions of software (over 20, some good, some not so) not sure which version you are after, and I don't want to take a chance on providing a 'not so good one'

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 17:22:36 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

Pollensa1946 - 2 days ago  » 

HumaxUKNW - 1 hour ago  » 
    If I were a 4000T user I would get a satellite dish installed.

There are plenty of other Freeview manufacturers, just nobody that produces a box specced to record as many simultaneous programmes as the 4000T.

If there was, I might have jumped ship.

| Wed 14 Dec 2016 21:28:56 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex4000

The missing or incomplete schedule is starting to happen more frequently on our 4000T. It didn't happen at all with previous firmware versions. Nor did it happen in the first week or so after the PVR updated to the latest '49 firmware (does this suggest there is some memory not clearing properly?). I spoke to the Humax helpline today. I was told that my call was the first he had heard of the problem and that they had nothing noted at Humax Towers that such a problem existed! He also said he was not aware of any new firmware in the pipeline. Nothing changes then ....

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 18:37:15 #59 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Alex4000 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The missing or incomplete schedule is starting to happen more frequently on our 4000T. It didn't happen at all with previous firmware versions. Nor did it happen in the first week or so after the PVR updated to the latest '49 firmware (does this suggest there is some memory not clearing properly?). I spoke to the Humax helpline today. I was told that my call was the first he had heard of the problem and that they had nothing noted at Humax Towers that such a problem existed! He also said he was not aware of any new firmware in the pipeline. Nothing changes then ....

Be charitable, perhaps it was his first day in the job. At least you got an answer, my only phone contact with Humax support years ago resulted in silence, he refused to answer my questions.

| Fri 16 Dec 2016 19:50:50 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.