My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Transfer files between Aura and PC - manual saysOK

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveveal

@Geoff_W

You said previously that you had copied an unencrypted .ts file from your PC to the Aura. If you can't see the Aura now you must have changed something?

Why not go back to the set-up that you know works and take it from there?

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 16:39:10 #51 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 30 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 44 mins ago  » 
    Yes it is.

OK so something on your network is stopping DLNA. What make and model of router do you have? Is UPnP enabled on the router?

It's a BT Smart Hub 2. UPnp is On, as is Extended UPnP Security.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 16:44:01 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 44 mins ago  » 
    Yes it is.

OK so something on your network is stopping DLNA. What make and model of router do you have? Is UPnP enabled on the router?

I think we have seen this problem before. Try turning off Extended UPnP security.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 16:51:32 #53 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

daveveal - 6 mins ago  » 
    @Geoff_W
    You said previously that you had copied an unencrypted .ts file from your PC to the Aura. If you can't see the Aura now you must have changed something?
    Why not go back to the set-up that you know works and take it from there?

The copy was done using FileZilla which still works when my laptop and Aura are both connected to the BT router. Using this method, the wi-fi signal at the Aura location is fairly weak which leads to a slow download. I would prefer to use my TP-Link extender which is located about 1m from the Aura and produces an excellent signal level. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get FileZilla to recognise this connection (reports ECONNREFUSED errors)so I have been trying to get my Win 10 laptop to recognise the Aura, which it refuses to do.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 16:57:57 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 
    I would prefer to use my TP-Link extender which is located about 1m from the Aura and produces an excellent signal level.

TP-Link provide quite a lot of WiFi extenders; which model do you have?

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 17:05:57 #55 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 21 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 44 mins ago  » 
    Yes it is.

I think we have seen this problem before. Try turning off Extended UPnP security.

Finally! That has worked and I can now see the Aura under My PC. Am I right in thinking I can only transfer files into one of the 'Folder' subfolders (Movies, Music, Pictures)? I had previously used FileZilla to create a Video folder with a couple of .ts files, but I can't see that folder or its contents.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 17:20:37 #56 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 15 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 
    I would prefer to use my TP-Link extender which is located about 1m from the Aura and produces an excellent signal level.

TP-Link provide quite a lot of WiFi extenders; which model do you have?

RE300

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 17:21:30 #57 |
  8. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Geoff_W - 58 mins ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 21 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 6 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 44 mins ago  » 
    Yes it is.

Finally! That has worked and I can now see the Aura under My PC. Am I right in thinking I can only transfer files into one of the 'Folder' subfolders (Movies, Music, Pictures)? I had previously used FileZilla to create a Video folder with a couple of .ts files, but I can't see that folder or its contents.

Spoke too soon - the Aura has vanished from My PC again. All I had done was to close File Explorer and when I ran it again the Aura had disappeared. This is so frustrating. It's one step forward and two back. I can't see that anything has changed in the settings which worked before; the router Extended UPnP Security is still Off.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 18:25:44 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 29 mins ago  » 
    Finally! That has worked and I can now see the Aura under My PC. Am I right in thinking I can only transfer files into one of the 'Folder' subfolders (Movies, Music, Pictures)?

If we are talking about the DLNA functionality provided by the Network Server then my understanding is that is an alternative way of playing/getting content off the Aura but not a way of transferring files onto the Aura.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 18:58:07 #59 |
  10. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

@Martin Liddle Apologies for the delay in replying, I'll get to that shortly.

As you say, I now understand that the DLNA functionality is only for playing/getting content off the Aura. That's fine as far as it goes.

What I've been trying to do for the past two days is to use FTP to copy video files (.mp4 and .ts) from my laptop to the Aura. I have currently tried the FTP clients FileZilla and WinSCP. The results were identical. Both programs worked correctly on first run, but all subsequent runs fail with an error message:

FileZilla - "Connection attempt failed with 'ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"

WinSCP - "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. Connection failed"

I have checked that Windows Firewall is set to allow each program's executable through.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

| Thu 9 Dec 2021 16:02:38 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.