Transfer files between Aura and PC - manual saysOK

(75 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

SSThing - 12 mins ago  » 

daveveal - 15 mins ago  » 

Geoff_W - 19 hours ago  » 
    I've just copied an unencrypted .ts file from my PC to the Aura (into the Movies folder). But how do I 'see' and play this file on the Aura as, under Recordings, there are only the three options of By Channels, By Series and By Time?
    I also note that Aura recordings appear in their own sub folder in each of those Recordings categories.

If you use File Explorer to access the Aura files, the recordings are shown without their sub-folders.
    Unlike Filezilla with File Explorer you can copy and paste to your heart's delight.

A link to the app would help, just searching for "file explorer" brings up too many results. Or are you saying that there is already a suitable app installed on the Aura?

I think @daveveal is referring to File Explorer in Windows 10. I too would prefer to use File Explorer, but the Aura does not show up under Network, only my Desktop PC.

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 13:35:57 #41 |
  2. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 18 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 2 hours ago  » 
    Also, can I backup encrypted recordings on the Aura to my PC with the intention of moving them back to the Aura at a future date? I know these files will only play on the Aura.

Why would you want to backup encrypted recordings? Wouldn't it be safer to remove the encryption from the recordings you want to backup so that they would be playable on another box if the current one fails?

If I could remove the encryption on the Aura recordings (like I could with Custom Firmware on my old Foxsat HDR) then they would remain in HD format. But the Aura converts to a lower definition which is unacceptable.

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 13:40:14 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveveal

daveveal - 6 days ago  » 
    This is how I access the files on my Aura using Windows 10.
    Open File Explorer
    Click on This PC (Ignore Network)
    Select Aura 4K Media Server
    Open the Recordings folder
    Please let me know if it works for you.

As I said above, don't use Network, use 'This PC'

| Sat 4 Dec 2021 13:40:52 #43 |
  4. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

daveveal - 1 day ago  » 

daveveal - 6 days ago  » 
    This is how I access the files on my Aura using Windows 10.
    Open File Explorer
    Click on This PC (Ignore Network)
    Select Aura 4K Media Server
    Open the Recordings folder
    Please let me know if it works for you.

As I said above, don't use Network, use 'This PC'

In File Explorer, My PC only shows (under Network locations) my Dell Laptop and no sign of the Aura.

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 17:50:48 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 8 mins ago  » 
    In File Explorer, My PC only shows (under Network locations) my Dell Laptop and no sign of the Aura.

In Settings, under "Record and Share" do you have the "Network server (DLNA/UPnP)" turned on?

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 18:02:13 #45 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Next problem. I've just installed a TP-Link wi-fi extender to improve the signal strength at the Aura location, which has worked exceedingly well. But I have now lost the FileZilla access on 192.168.1.193:2323/ Looking at my Smart Hub there are various other IP addresses (some marked as Unknown). I have tried all of these (bar one) without success. The exception is one active connection which says "This device either does not support or is not configured for IPv4 addressing." The IPv6 address is a string of numbers and letters separated by colons (GUA Temporary, GUA Permanent and Link local address). Are any of these IP's relevant?

| Sun 5 Dec 2021 18:12:07 #46 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Update - I've been playing around with this for days and have come to the following conclusions.

FileZilla works fine if the laptop and Aura are both on the BT router's network. If the laptop and Aura are on the TP-Link extender (which has a _EXT added to the network name) then FileZilla refuses to connect to the Aura even though I am using its new IP address. This is a shame as the Aura gets a much stronger wi-fi signal using the extender.

Nothing I have tried will convince Windows 10 File Explorer to show the Aura in the Network settings. It only shows the laptop Desktop name. I have Googled the problem and checked just about every setting needed to set up the share - all settings are as they should be. This used to happen occasionally with my Foxsat HDR but it always turned out to be that SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal had got switched on, but this is not the case at the moment.

So it looks like if I want to transfer files then I will have to use a weaker and slower wi-fi signal.

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 18:24:55 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 25 mins ago  » 
    Nothing I have tried will convince Windows 10 File Explorer to show the Aura in the Network settings.

You didn't answer my question above that said "In Settings, under "Record and Share" do you have the "Network server (DLNA/UPnP)" turned on?".

| Mon 6 Dec 2021 18:52:45 #48 |
  9. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

Martin Liddle - 20 hours ago  » 

Geoff_W - 25 mins ago  » 
    Nothing I have tried will convince Windows 10 File Explorer to show the Aura in the Network settings.

You didn't answer my question above that said "In Settings, under "Record and Share" do you have the "Network server (DLNA/UPnP)" turned on?".

Yes it is.

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 15:15:20 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 44 mins ago  » 
    Yes it is.

OK so something on your network is stopping DLNA. What make and model of router do you have? Is UPnP enabled on the router?

| Tue 7 Dec 2021 16:03:27 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.