My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Transfer files between Aura and PC - manual saysOK

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 

desm52 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Or use the webpage at http://ipofhumaxaura:8080. It might need DLNA enabled.

Thanks. My Aura IP address on my network is 192.168.1.163 so I went to http://192.168.1.163:8080 and it opened up the Humax Mobile Control page[i] which leads to a list of the recordings. I can play the recordings on my PC which is on the same network as the Aura but I cannot download the files to the PC.

You need to convert the recording to the download format before you get the option to download. You can do that on this web page, it is the first icon in the last column, the blue icon. Or you can convert in the box interface, or in the aura app. After conversion is complete, a green download icon will become available.

| Thu 25 Nov 2021 0:05:15 #11 |
  2. jpv1960

jpv1960

FileZilla retains the file name and allows you to download in batch. It works extremely well.

| Thu 25 Nov 2021 10:59:45 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

jpv1960 - 7 hours ago  » 
    FileZilla retains the file name and allows you to download in batch. It works extremely well.

I tried Filezilla and it does work very well.

| Thu 25 Nov 2021 18:54:18 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveveal

This is how I access the files on my Aura using Windows 10.

Open File Explorer
    Click on This PC (Ignore Network)
    Select Aura 4K Media Server
    Open the Recordings folder

Please let me know if it works for you.

| Sat 27 Nov 2021 15:05:48 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

morrig

The only way I have found, using FileZilla or File Explorer, to play on a PC, is to set the HD encrypted files to SD quality on the Aura.
    Have not found a way of moving files from PC to external HD on the Aura, without removing HD from Aura. FileZilla works well, moving files from PC to internal HD on Aura.

| Sat 27 Nov 2021 22:39:06 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveveal

morrig - 2 days ago  » 
    The only way I have found, using FileZilla or File Explorer, to play on a PC, is to set the HD encrypted files to SD quality on the Aura.
    Have not found a way of moving files from PC to external HD on the Aura, without removing HD from Aura. FileZilla works well, moving files from PC to internal HD on Aura.

I can see your problem. afaik you can't play HD files on another device, not even another Aura. For that reason I record everything that I may need to download in SD

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 15:29:17 #16 |
  7. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I've downloaded FileZilla but cannot get it to configure properly using the wizard. First of all I had trouble working out the Router's External IP Address, then when that was accepted the wizard bombed out with an Unexpected Reply Error:-

Response: 200 PORT command successful
    LIST
    Response: 150 opening data connection
    Response: 503 Failure of data connection.
    Server sent unexpected reply.
    Connection closed

Unhelpfully, the wizard then says "If you get any errors, your configuration is not correct."

What's the best way to proceed?

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 17:49:15 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geoff_W - 44 mins ago  » 
    I've downloaded FileZilla but cannot get it to configure properly using the wizard. First of all I had trouble working out the Router's External IP Address, then when that was accepted the wizard bombed out with an Unexpected Reply

Why are you using the routers external IP address? I would have expected the IP address to use would be the IP address of the Aura.

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 18:35:07 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

morrig - 2 days ago  » 

Aura appears to encrypt anything recorded on a dvb-t2 multiple, and not encrypt on dvb-t. I recorded a sd program on a dvb-t2 multiplex and it was encrypted, and when I tried a hd program on a dvb-t multiplex (RTE on Saorview) it wasn't encoded.

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 19:04:05 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I can see your problem. afaik you can't play HD files on another device, not even another Aura. For that reason I record everything that I may need to download in SD

Agreed. ASAIK HD recordings are locked to the device they were recorded on by DRM Digital Rights Management and cannot be played on any other device ... so, if your Aura fails you effectively lose every HD recording even though the disc is fine.

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 19:20:36 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.