My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Triax output (SCART) and HDMI

(23 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Unless you want to view the freesat box remotely you don't need the triax unit or remote magic eyes. All you need is a simple loft distribution unit. You connect the terrestrial aerial to this and use the outputs to feed as many TV's as you need with the Freeview signal.

Without knowing exactly what wiring and kit you already have it's hard to be more specific.

If you have a outlet downstairs with a return cable to a loft amp. All you need is a TV splitter with one output feeding the local TV and the other the return cable. You will need to power the loft box in some way. You can remove the magic eyes as they will serve no purpose.

| Sun 31 May 2015 10:01:16 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hoops

Thanks for your reply! OK, I have a box in the loft which is unpowered - currently the RF out from the Sky box goes to it (and powers it I guess), there are four outputs from memory from the box via aerial coax which go to a couple of TVs around the house. This allows each TV to tune to and receive the Freeview channels which is what I want to continue to be able to do. I have no magic eyes installed. If I turn the power off at the wall for the Sky box, i.e. it's not in standby, none of the TVs connected as described can get an EPG or picture. Hopefully that makes some sense!

| Sat 6 Jun 2015 17:54:42 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

That's because the Sky box provides 9V power and has an internal modulator. A triax tri-link unit will provide 9V power, but it's main purpose is to allow remote control of the freesat box using magic eyes. A simple modulstor will send the pictures but you would have to arrange to power the loft box.

If you plug the TV aerial directly into the wall socket return can you use Freeview on the other TV's. If so the loft box has it's own power.

| Sat 6 Jun 2015 18:18:03 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.