My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

TV guide says no information available

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

Have the following issue with the guide on the box, sometimes not all the information what’s on does not load up on the guide some of the channels on the guide only show no information available,

Have done a full retune of the box but still have the issue.

Is there a way to fix the issue.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Matthew

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 0:36:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 11 hours ago  » 
    Have done a full retune of the box but still have the issue.

When you did a full retune, did you leave the "Smart tune" option on? If so try again with it off (which will delete the schedule of future recordings but will not delete the recordings that have already been made).

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 11:41:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Put the box on BBC1 HD for about 30 seconds and the EPG will be complete (but don't leave it on the EPG page itself and wait expecting it to fill, just leave it on the channel).

| Wed 24 Nov 2021 12:55:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello Martin,

I followed your instructions and am happy to tell you that I think the issue is fixed, also when I set a recording from BBC 1 or 2 the guide asks me if I want to record in HD or SD, this has ever appeared till I followed your instructions, also before I followed your instructions the guide was not up to date, because when I did a default retune it was like the whole guide was updated as there are programmes that are listed that were not listed before.

Is there a way to pass this issue on to Humax as feedback so they can fix it in future update.

Thank you very much for your help.

Any more help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matthew

| Thu 25 Nov 2021 20:34:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 18 hours ago  » 
    Is there a way to pass this issue on to Humax as feedback so they can fix it in future update.

I would be astonished if Humax weren't aware of the problem already; I don't know if Barry has a comment to make. In my experience the Smart tune implementation (whilst a good idea if properly implemented) is likely to cause more problems than it solves.

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 15:22:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Matthew, two points:

1. The likelihood of there being any further updates to the 4000T/5000T seems rather unlikely after all this time.

2. The point about offering SD/HD when setting up a recording is something these boxes have done for ages, but it only offers it if you have selected the programme from the SD part of the EPG. That is presumably in case you selected SD in error and would prefer HD.

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 15:53:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Sounds more like the box was tuned to more than one transmitter so didnt/couldnt link the SD and HD broadcasts.

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 16:29:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

SSThing - 7 hours ago  » 
    Sounds more like the box was tuned to more than one transmitter so didnt/couldnt link the SD and HD broadcasts.

If you are talking about the SD/HD selection offer, this is perfectly normal with definitely one transmitter tuned, as I have. Try an EPG recording from BBC1 SD, perhaps the News at 6, and you should see it.

| Fri 26 Nov 2021 23:53:43 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

A1944 - 9 hours ago  » 

SSThing - 7 hours ago  » 

If you are talking about the SD/HD selection offer, this is perfectly normal with definitely one transmitter tuned, as I have. Try an EPG recording from BBC1 SD, perhaps the News at 6, and you should see it.

That's not what I said.
    Of course it's normal with one transmitter but if the box was picking up HD from one transmitter and SD from another it may not give the prompt.

| Sat 27 Nov 2021 9:14:14 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 

A1944 - 9 hours ago  » 

SSThing - 7 hours ago  » 

That's not what I said.
    Of course it's normal with one transmitter but if the box was picking up HD from one transmitter and SD from another it may not give the prompt.

Ah, OK. I was not sure what you meant. That clarifies it.

| Sat 27 Nov 2021 12:02:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.